Chapter 18

Two weeks later I was at the hospital again. This time for a check-up. My knee was doing extremely well, and I was allowed exchange my wheelchair for two crutches.

I was glad I got rid of the wheelchair, that thing made me go nuts. I was also glad that nobody could wheel me forward anymore. Although I loved being pushed around by Peter and Ned, one time Flash had grabbed the handles and ran through the hallways with me still in the wheelchair. Peter had sprinted behind us and wrapped his arms around Flash to tackle him. It made me crash into the wall as well, but it didn't damage me physically. Luckily, a teacher had seen the whole thing and Flash got lots of detention for his action.

I was still thinking a lot about the video from the train-incident. I still couldn't believe what I had seen. But if my thoughts were true, Peter Parker was the Spider-Man. He had to be. He was the same height, had the same body structure, and he looked at me in a way only Peter could look at me.

I tried to shove the thoughts away and focus more on surviving at this point. Now I got rid of the wheelchair, I could enter the trains way easier, which meant I could visit Peter's place in Queens again. The main reason I was excited about this was of course that I could hang out with Peter, but I could also escape from home.

Tony was really stressed out. On his last mission in Lagos a lot of innocent citizens had died, and the United Nations now wanted to own the Avengers, so every action would be controlled. This brought up some tension. Tony didn't want to tell me a lot about it, but what I heard on the news was that Tony had signed the Accords, but a few Avengers had refused to.

I wished I could tell Peter about the stuff going on at the Tower, but then he would know that Tony was my uncle. That would be a disaster of course, or something. I was still mad about how Tony didn't even want the hospital to know I existed, like I was some kind of shameful disease.

When I was about to go home with Peter for the first time in two weeks, my phone rang. I got a new phone since my old one got thrown out of the train, and the ringtone was some song from AC/DC. Guess who did my phone settings.

The screen said 'Tony', and I rolled my eyes while picking up.

"What's up, beloved uncle?"

Peter put his hands in his pockets, standing next to me.

"You need to come home now," Tony spoke through the phone.

"Oh, come on, I made plans with Peter."

"Natalie, stop whining. It is really important that you come home now," Tony snarled.

I sighed, looking at Peter. "I'm sorry, but my uncle needs me home for some damn reason."

Peter looked really disappointed. "Bummer, I'll see you tomorrow."

He waved at me while sprinting to the train, otherwise he would miss it.

Happy's car was parked around the corner, as usual, and he took me back to the Tower.

As I walked out of the elevator, I threw my backpack on the floor and with my crutches I hopped into the kitchen, where Tony was sitting on one of the barstools.

"Well, I am back. What is so important?"

Tony sighed, he looked really tired. "Listen, Natalie."

"I am listening," I said while sitting down on a barstool opposite him.

"Have you seen the news this afternoon?" Tony asked me.

I shook my head.

"Steve and Sam have been arrested in Berlin. I need to go there now," Tony said while scratching his head.

"Who?" I asked.

Tony frowned. "Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson."

I stared at him, still not knowing who he was talking about.

He sighed out of disappointment. "Captain America and the Falcon."

"Oh, your superhero buddies."

I had heard of the Avengers and knew that Tony was part of them. But I never really cared about their business or what they were up to.

"Well, I have orders to go to Berlin," Tony continued. "I have no idea when I'll be back."

"Okay, do what you need to do," I folded my hands. "When will you be leaving?"

Tony pointed at the suitcase standing next to the elevator. "In a few minutes."

"Oh," I didn't see that coming.

"It is really urgent." Tony explained.

"Is the world falling apart?" I asked as a joke.

Tony looked me dead in the eye. "Yes."

I looked at him, seeing he was deadly serious. I had never seen him this way, so tired and so worried.

He stood up, walking towards the elevator. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And don't do anything I would do."

"What the hell am I supposed to do then?"

"I don't know kid. Stay in school and don't do drugs." Tony grabbed his suitcase. "Happy is coming with me, so Friday will keep you company."

"Ugh, sounds like fun," I said sarcastically.

"Well, now you have more than enough time to spend with your boyfriend," Tony said while stepping into the elevator.

"Peter is not my boyfriend!" I shouted

"Then how do you know who I'm referring to?" I saw Tony smirking before the doors closed.