Chapter 35

It was around 8 AM when I was woken up by Peter making some unsettled movements and mumbling in his sleep. He was having a nightmare again. I placed my hand on his chest and tried to wake him up. Suddenly his eyes opened and I spotted fear in them.

"Sssh, it's okay," I whispered.

The fear in his eyes disappeared as soon as I kissed him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. "Now I am."

It must have been a week since I had my last nightmare. I didn't know how often Peter had his, I wished I could help him get lost of them.

We cuddled for another few minutes before I grabbed my phone. Of course, Tony had left me a message:

Tony

This was not the deal

You'll come home as soon as you read this message

You're still grounded

I sighed.

"What's up?" Peter asked.

"It's my uncle, I need to go home."

"Oh," Peter said.

He kissed me on my forehead and took off the blanket, so his torso was once again exposed. I couldn't do otherwise than stare at him.

"You're so beautiful," I exhaled.

Peter chuckled and grabbed his trousers.

I texted back my uncle before putting on clothes as well.

Natalie

Dropping off Peter and I'll be home before you know it

"So, when will I meet your evil uncle?" Peter asked as we stepped into the elevator of his building.

"This is not a great moment," I simply answered.

It was half past 9 as Peter opened up his front door. We had had breakfast at the hotel and went straight to his building so I could drop him off.

As soon as Peter opened the door, May looked at us from the couch.

"Peter Benjamin Parker," she yelled. "Where have you been?"

Peter's eyes widened.

"I'm so sorry May," I said. "We lost track of time, so we slept at a hotel."

May frowned and looked at both of us. "Next time you text me," she said to Peter.

He nodded. "I'm sorry May."

"Now get in, kids. I made banana bread," May said with a friendly voice as if nothing had happened.

"I'd love too, but my uncle has planned a speech about how to be obedient to your bedtimes or something like that. Don't want to miss it," I said sarcastically while walking out of the apartment.

"Bummer, I'll see you around," May waved me goodbye. Peter waved as well, and I blew him a kiss.

"So, your middle name is Benjamin?" I smirked while grabbing the doorknob.

"Oh, no. You're not going to use that against me!" Peter shouted from the kitchen.

"Don't challenge me. Love you!"

"Love you too!"

"I'm home, bitches!" I shouted as soon as the elevator doors opened.

I walked into the living room to find Tony sitting in his usual spot on the couch. I sat down next him. He raised one of his eyebrows.

"So, I guess you had fun last night," he said.

"Yeah, we had so much fun. It just got a little too late, so we spent the night in a hotel."

"Sure," Tony said without showing any emotion.

"Am I still grounded?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Okay," I stood up and walked in the direction of my bedroom. "I'll be making some homework, bye!"

"Wait, Natalie, hold up," Tony said.

I turned around. "What?"

He sighed and showed me a hologram of a wanted poster with my face on it.

"Oh, that doesn't look good," I said while walking back to give it a closer look.

"The FBI is looking for you. I have been trying for them not to share this image, but I can't hold them any longer. They want to know why I am so certain you're not a threat."

"Wait, why do they think I am a threat?"

"Because you escaped one of the most secured prisons of the UN."

"Oh, right," I almost forgot I did that.

Tony rubbed his eyes. "I have to tell them the truth, otherwise this image will end up on the news tonight."

I nodded.

"But that means they will know who you are, and I don't want to take that risk," Tony shook his head. He clearly didn't know what to do.

"What are you afraid of?"

"That there's an imposter among them and they'll kidnap you to chantage me, or something," he said frustrated.

I crossed my arms and looked at the ground. "So, they'll kidnap me or they'll hunt me down to arrest me...?"

?"