Chapter 24

"Natalie, I'm so glad you're back. You would not believe who was just here!" Peter was jumping around out of excitement.

May joined him. "Tony Stark was in my apartment and enjoyed my meat loaf."

He probably did not enjoy the meat loaf.

"He offered me a grant and an internship." Peter kept jumping around.

"Oh my God, Peter, I am so happy for you," I exclaimed, trying to pretend I really was happy for him.

I knew Tony would take him to Berlin next morning, probably to fight the team Captain America had recruited. Although Tony promised me to bring him back safely and in one piece, it didn't reassure me. More and more I was sure I had made a mistake.

I helped Peter packing his suitcase. When we were done, I pulled one of my lightsaber earrings out of my ear.

"Here, for every battle you have to fight in Germany."

"Battle?" he asked confused.

"It's a metaphor," I chuckled.

It wasn't a metaphor.

Peter shook his head. "No, I gave you those for your birthday, they're yours."

"Oh, come on just accept this cute sign of good luck."

He went sitting next to me on the bed. "Oh, it is cute. But I know something that would probably give me more of good luck."

He put his hand on my chin and pressed his lips on mine. I placed the earring on the nightstand and put my hand on his shoulders to pull him closer and opened my mouth a little bit, not sure if we were about to go further or not. He opened his mouth a little bit as well, and I just went for it. Before I knew it, we had our first French kiss, and believe me when I tell you it was awesome.

When we stopped, I placed my head on his shoulder and he put his arm around me. I really was going to miss him.

"Don't do anything stupid in Germany, okay?" I mumbled.

"Nat, it's just an internship. What are you so worried about?"

"Hey, German people are scary man," I said.

Peter had to laugh.

"I am serious. Have you ever seen an angry German?"

Peter kept laughing and pressed a kiss on my forehead. "You're too precious."

I shrugged. "I know."

Still laughing, Peter got up and went sitting on his knees in front of me. "I promise I won't make a German angry, okay?"

"Okay, Parker," I said, and we kissed again. I was still sitting on the bed while he was on his knees between my legs. I rubbed my hand through his brown curls while he put both hands on my back. Then he pushed his body so close to mine, it made me fall backwards on the bed. We stopped kissing for a moment while he climbed on top of me.

"You know, if my knee was doing just fine, I would be on top, right?" I teased him.

"Shut up," he chuckled.

And we continued kissing. I searched for his hand and squeezed it, he squeezed back. It was the best thing I had ever felt. His body on mine, his lips on mine, his hand in mine. I loved every second of that moment.

"Peter? Natalie? Diner is ready!" May shouted from the other side of the bedroom door.

Peter and I didn't know how fast we would let go of each other and sit up straight.

"We'll be right there, May," Peter called.

We looked at each other. Peters hair was a mess and I bet mine was too. We both fixed up. Before we entered the living room, I quickly grabbed the earring from the nightstand and shoved it in his suitcase. He needed every piece of luck I could find, even if it was symbolic.

At diner, which consisted of Chinese food, May asked Peter on and on again if he really packed everything he needed for his internship.

"Oh, and Natalie, you are more than welcome to keep staying here while Peter is on his little adventure," she added.

I swallowed my food. "That's very kind of you, but my uncle is back in town, so tomorrow I'll go back home, if that's okay."

"