Chapter 5

"What the fuck, Natalie?"

A teacher had seen me throw Flash on the ground and brought me to the headmaster. They accused me of violence, which was technically fair, but they also wanted to talk to my parents about my behavior. So, that's why I called my uncle.

"I'm sorry, Tony, but they need to talk to you."

"You know I can't just show up at your school, then everyone will know we're related."

"Ugh, just send Happy or something."

"Fine, I'll send Happy. But we're not done talking young lady."

I sighed. "Thank you, see you later."

I hung up the phone and walked back into the headmaster's office.

"My uncle is on his way," I said while sitting down.

After waiting for about twenty minutes, Happy walked in.

"Ah, Mr. Jackson," the headmaster said while shaking Happy's hand.

They talked about my 'inappropriate behavior' and discussed what would be a fair punishment. I defended myself by explaining that Flash said some awful things to my me and my friend, which they listened to.

Luckily, after explaining that violence is never the solution, the headmaster did let me go with only a warning.

Happy took me home right away, because I didn't have any lessons left that day. I felt bad I couldn't say goodbye to Peter and Ned. I didn't have their phone numbers, so I couldn't text them as well.

Back in the Tower, Tony was furious.

"How can you already mess up on your first day at school?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me."

"I'm sorry, but that school is full of bullies."

"That's not an excuse."

I sighed. "I know, but that douchebag said some horrible things, I couldn't handle myself."

Tony looked at me and said: "You really are a Stark, Natalie."

"I guess I am."

"You got that feature from me." Tony smiled. "My little niece is just like me."

I waited a few seconds before I stuttered: "Did... did you just call me... your niece?"

"No, I didn't."

"Yes, you did."

"Well, of course I did. Because you are my niece, right?"

He had never called me his niece before, he'd always call me 'his relative', and although it was a tiny bit of change, it felt wonderful. So, I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

He sat down at a barstool in the kitchen, let both get us something to drink, and asked: "How exactly did you get this boy to the ground?"

I chuckled and told him the story from how he grabbed my arm till he was laying on the ground, screaming, with me sitting on top of him.

Tony loved the story but warned me not to seek any problems again. I promised him I would try.

We chatted the rest of the night, as if like we had always been like this. But we weren't. For years he had treated me like shit, and a night like this wouldn't change that. The bonding had begun, but he had to do more to gain my full respect.

 The bonding had begun, but he had to do more to gain my full respect