Reunited With The Team

I was released from the hospital after a couple more days. Spencer took me to my flat.

"Soo...what do we do now?" he asked.

"Maybe we could watch a movie?" I suggested. Jesus, that was getting really uncomfortable. We had been in the same room for 5 minutes and we already were anxious as hell. But why were we anxious? It wasn't like we were going to do anything...inappropiate.

"Eh, yeah, sure! You can pick" he said and smiled awkwardly at me. I returned the smile and rushed to the shelf where I kept my DVD collection. I started going through them when a certain tittle caught my eye. The Pirates of The Caribbean:Four Movie Collection. I grinned to myself and picked it up. I went back to Spencer and handed him the DVDs. He looked down at them and laughed.

"Looks like we're having a movie marathon, then!" he said.

***

A couple of days passed and we were having a great time. We went out for walks, we talked (a lot) and watched a bunch of movies. Spence decided to stay with me for a few days until I was ready to go to work again. I could see the pain in his eyes every time I talked about the team...What was Strauss even thinking when she fired him?! He was one of the best agents! I knew I had to do something. So, when the team got back from Orlando, I texted them to come over at my house. I made sure that Spencer was going to stay at his appartment, because I knew that he wouldn't approve of what we were going to do. JJ arrived first.

"Hey there, clumsy!" she said cheerfully and gave me a tight hug. "How are you?".

"I'm great, actually..." I replied.

20 minutes later everyone was there, sitting in the living room.

"So, guys...First of all, I have something to tell you" I spoke up.

The room fell silent as all the small talk was immediately stopped. They all looked at me with a questioning look.

"Ehm...well, Spencer and I...are...ugh, we're dating, okay?" I blurted out. Penelope was the first to react.

She squealed and gave me a hug. "Finally! My OTP is real!" she exclaimed happily in a sing-song voice.

"Your what?" I asked confused.

"Oh, ehm, nothing...never mind" she said and moved to sit on the sofa again.

"Congrats, Nic. You and Reid deserve to be happy, and since you're the only one who can tolerate with him, I'm glad that you've ended up together" Derek said and gave me a big brotherly hug. It really felt like he was my big brother. When I first joined the BAU I was completely useless. I wasn't good at combat and my shooting skills were pretty limited. Derek helped me and was there for me during my bad days...the days I felt like I shouldn't be alive, when I thought that everyone's lives would've been better without me. He helped me to regain my confidence, and that's something only a brother would do. Maybe we weren't blood-related, but he certainly treated me like we were.

"Thanks, Derek" I chuckled. A few more minutes passed with hugging and happy squeals(mostly from Penelope), when I decided that it was time to get to the point.

"You all know that Strauss fired him". The room fell silent once again. I kept going. "Are you going to help me convince her that she's fired one of the most important members of the team or not?" I asked and eyed each one of them.

"I'm in" Derek said without any hesitation.

"I agree with the chocolate thunder" Penelope stated.

Soon enough everyone had agreed except Hotch. I looked at him, demanding an answer.

"Of course I'll help. He's not just a team member...he's family" he replied to my unspoken question.

I gave him a small smile and turned to face all of them.

"We start tomorrow morning".

Hello lovely Reiders!Ehehe,see what I did there? ;) Thank you SO MUCH for giving this story 1,44K reads and many votes&comments!I really didn't expect that you'd like it that much!Please keep voting&commenting and I promise to do my best to make this story even better!♡