Bang Bang

As soon as we reached Lara's house, I tried to jump out of the black SUV, but somebody grabbed my wrist. I turned around and looked up at Reid.

"Ehm, Spence? We have a serial killer to catch" I said to him with a frown. "What are you doing?".

"Look, I thought about this...about us...and I want to be with you...like, like a couple" he said awkwardly.

"Look, Spencer, can we talk about this later? We've got work to do" I said, feeling uneasy.

"Work...There's always work. And there will always be work. What's rare is finding someone who makes us happy" he said and looked deep inside my eyes.

I leaned in and gave him a quick kiss. He looked at me with a small smile forming on his face.

"Keep that thought for later, okay?" I said and turned on my heels and moved towards Hotch. "What are we doing?" I asked him.

"You and Morgan are going in to talk to Lara. JJ, Reid and I will go in from the back" he said.

"Okay, let's go" I said and nodded to Morgan. He walked up the stairs that lead to the front door. He quickly kicked it down and we rushed inside the house. We checked the floor,but no one was there. We then started going up the stairs. Once we reached the top floor, we saw that there were two doors. I took the one on the right, Morgan went to the left one. I slowly opened the door and saw  Joanne tied to a chair and Lara holding a gun against her head.

"Take one more step and she dies" Lara said to me through greeted teeth.

"Lara, listen to me. You don't want to do this" I said calmly.

"Oh but I really do" she said in a mad voice. "Lara-" I said, but I was cut off by a gunshot. I looked down at my shirt but there was nothing there. That's when I felt blood running from my neck. I coughed and fell on the ground. Meanwhile, Derek had come into the room and shot Lara straight to the head. He then kneeled next to me and tried to keep me awake.

"Nicole! Nicole!" he started shouting as police officers rushed in the room. "We've got an agent down! I repeat, agent down!" he said through the radio. My eyelids started feeling so heavy...suddenly, all I wanted to do was sleep. "Nic! Stay with me! The ambulance is on the way!" he said.

"What's going on?" I heard Hotch say. My vision was a bit blury, but I saw him coming in. And then I saw Spencer getting in right behind him.

"NICOLE!" he shouted. He kneeled next to me, taking Derek's place.
"S-Spence..." I coughed.
"Nicole, don't you dare to close your eyes, you hear me?!" he screamed.
But I'm so tired... I thought. But no word came out of my lips. I just looked at him with teary eyes. I knew that I wouldn't hold up for too long. I knew that I would fail him again...but there was nothing I could do anymore.
"I...l-love...you" I managed to whisper to him as a single tear escaped my eyes. And that's when everything went black.

***
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
I heard the annoying yet familiar sound of the hospital machines next to me. I tried to open my eyes but it was impossible. I tried to talk, but again, nothing came out of my mouth. I heard the shuffling of someone's footsteps pacing around the room.
"Reid. You need to stop" I heard a female voice saying. JJ?
"I can't, JJ. I have to keep moving, otherwise I'll sit in a corner and never move again until she wakes up" the male voice replied.
Oh, Spencer...I'm so sorry...
And in this moment I decided that I would wake up. I would try to move every single muscle of my numb body. For Spencer. Because life was worth living when the one you love is next to you. Because I couldn't imagine spending a single moment without him. Because I was truly, madly, deeply in love with Spencer Reid.

Hello dear readers!!I know I've been terrible with updating, BUT here's a new chapter!I hope you've enjoyed it! Vote & leave me a comment with your opinion!! xxx