Take Him Back

The next day Hotch, Derek, Rossi, JJ, Blake,  Penelope and I walked together into the bullpen.

"Okay...do you think she's in her office?" I asked Hotch.

"Yes, her car was in the parking lot" he replied. I nodded and we walked to her office. I knocked lightly on the door.

"Come in" I heard her saying in a weird voice. Was she drinking again?

I got in her office, the rest of the team following close behind. She gave us all a questioning look.

"Agent Jones. I see that you've fully recovered" she said to me. I could now identify her voice as sleepy.

"Yes, ma'm. But I think there's something we need to talk about".

"Go on, then" she replied.

"We want you to take back Reid" Derek said.

"And why do you think I'd do that? He has proved that he's not reliable" she said.

"Because he chose to stay with his girlfriend while she was in a comma instead of going on a new case?" Hotch asked her.

"Girlfriend?" she asked and gave me a surprised look.

"Yes" I repied coldly.

"I'm affraid I can't do that" she said in the same tone.

"Oh really? And may I ask why?" I asked slowly. I was about to snap at her. JJ must've figured it out and she put her hand on my shoulder reassuringly. I gave her a small smile. I had missedy best friend.

"Because Dr. Reid is unreliable" Strauss repeated, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Spencer? Unreliable?! You have to be kidding me, Erin" Rossi said.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Strauss said sternly.

"Because he didn't go on a bloody case?! I WAS SHOT, GADDAMIT! I WAS IN A COMMA! And if I remember correctly,you were the one who gave him a week off when Maeve died!" I screamed at her. Just bringing up Maeve's name again made me feel uneasy. Would she approve of my relationship with Spencer? I guess I'll never know...

"Yes, I did, but-"

"But what? Someone died then and in our case Jones was in danger. We didn't know if she was going to wake up!" Hotch protested.

I shot him a frightened look. Was that true?! Spencer hadn't told me anything...I tried to shake it off and turned back at Strauss.

"Just offer him his job back, Erin. You don't really have a choice" Blake spoke up.

"Oh, really? What makes you think that I don't have a choice?" Strauss hissed.

"Because I'm leaving the B.A.U." Alex said.

"WHAT?!" all of us said in unision.

"Alex, don't be ridiculous...you don't have to do this" I said to her.

"Maybe not, but I really have to go, Nicole. It's...something personal" she replied with a small smile. "So?" she turned to Strauss.

Dianne eyed each one of us and finally sighed in defeat. "Alright, alright...Spencer Reid is back on the team. I will personally let him know as soon as-"

"Now." I cut her.

"Don't push it, agent" she said through gritted teeth.

"Okay, just get it done today" Derek said as he put his arm around me to keep me calm.

"I will. Now get the hell out of my office" she said. She tried to look serious, but I saw a small smile playing on her lips. Maybe Erin Strauss wasn't that big of a bitch afterall.

Hello,my lovely Reiders!How are you all?I hope you're enjoying this story as much as I do!And THANK YOU for giving it 109 votes&1,84K reads&36 comments!! :O This is the most successful story I've written so far!Keep voting&commenting,loves!Your positive feedback is what keeps me going! :D