Sherlock&The Talk

"Ready when you are, sir" Garcia said as Hotch walked in the conference room. I had changed my usual seat next to Reid for one closer to Penelope.

"Let's start" Hotch said once he was sure that everyone was there.

"Okay, so this is Hayley Attkins and Mary Robinson, both found dead and dismembered in trash cans of Detroit within a week. They both had the word "bitch" carved on their torso...their bodies were wrapped in big plastic bags" Garcia said as to bloody dismembered bodies sprung up on the screen begind her.

"That's all we got?" Blake asked.

"Well, both of the girls were blonde with short hair and in their late teens..." Penelope continued.

"They could be a substitute to our Unsub" I said.

"Wheels up in thirty" Hotch said and exited the room.

I tried to walk away quickly, but JJ grabbed my wrist.

"Nicole, please wait" she pleaded.

"No, JJ. I don't want to talk to you right now" I said and pulled my hand away from her.

"Nic...please..." she continued.

"I just need some time to myself now,okay?" I said and moved towards the elevators. I drove straight to the airport and caught a lonely seat at the back of the plane and started going through the file of the case. I could already feel that this was going to be a long one...

***

We had just landed in Detroit. It was about 8 in the evening, so Hotch let us go to the hotel and gave us the rest of tbe day off in order to get some rest and start early in the next morning. I thanked God for taking the single room because I wasn't in the mood for talking.

I took a hot shower and then decided to order something from the room service and watch Sherlock on my laptop. Just when Sherlock met Moriarty on the roof of St. Bart's, I was already in tears. Then, there was a knock on my door. I paused the episode and went to open it. Spencer was standing there in his pyjamas.

"Hey" he said awkwardly.

"Hey. Nice pjs" I said with a chuckle.

"Thanks...Are you alright?" he asked when he saw my teary eyes.

"I'm watching The Reichenbach Fall..."

"Ohhh, I see...mind if I join you? he asked.

"Eh, sure, come in" I said and let him get through. Although the bed was single, it was comfortable enough to fit both of us. I resumed the episode and laid back as Sherlock and Moriarty were having an intense dialogue. After it was over, Spencer closed my laptop and put it away. I knew what was coming.

"We need to talk" he said seriously.

"I know" I replied. Silence. "I'm waiting" I said.

"Just explain this to me, will you? I want to know everything" he said.

And so I spent the next hour telling him everything. About how my heart skipped a beat when I first saw him, about how I constantly tried to make a good impression during our chess games...everything. When I finished I turned to look at him. Then, out of a sudden, he leaned in and gave me a quick kiss on the lips.

I stared at him with my mouth open. "What was that for?!" I muttered a bit annoyed.

"I-I'm sorry...It just felt right...I'm so sorry, that was completely inapropriate" he said and got up.

"Spencer!" I said in shock. He turned around and looked at me. "You don't have to do this...I know you only see me as a friend, and I get that. It's okay that you don't feel the same way. But I really want to be your friend..." I said with a small smile.

"Of course I want you to be my friend, Nicole...I don't know if I have other feelings for you...I just need some time to sort things out" he said.

"Yeah, I understand...Just make sure you know what's going on in there before coming back" I said and pointed at his heart.

"I promise" he said with a chuckle and moved towards the door. "Goodnight, Nic".

"Goodnight Spence" I said back as he closed the door bhind him.

Okayy! This was reaaally short, I know, but I've been busy with school and I'm kinda going through an emotional break down, which doesn't really help in writing. I promise that the next one will be longer! Please comment and vote! :)