Popping The Question

Spencer and I became inseparatable since that night. We drove to work together, we shared the same hotel room when we were abroad working on cases, we slept over each other's houses...It was great. I really loved being around him. Everyone from the team made jokes about us being together all the time, but we knew that deep inside they were really happy for us. It all started getting very weird when we got back from a case in Vegas. I had met Spencer's mum while we were there, and she seemed to be fond of me. I was happy that I had her approval. She obviously thought that I was good enough for her son, and that by itself was the best compliment she could've given to me. Anyway, Spencer's behavior starting getting weird as soon as we landed in Quantico. He became awkward and his body language showed that he was nervous. What for?

"Spence, are you alright?" I asked him with a frown.

"Ehm, yeah, of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" he answered quickly. A bit too quickly.

"O...kay?" I said confused.

"I'll go wait in the car" he said, taking our laguage and walking towards his SUV. JJ walked over to me and wrapped a hand around my shoulders.

"What's up, Duck?" she asked nonchalantly.

"Something's wrong with Spence..." I said, squinting my eyes at the slim figure putting the laguagage in the trunk.

"Maybe it's because he saw his mother again...It brings back some pretty unpleasant memories" she replied with a sad smile.

"Yeah...I guess you're right" I replied after thinking about it. He loved his mum. A lot. And I don't blame him, she's a wonderful woman. But he couldn't help but think about his childhood every time he saw her...

I walked towards the car and got in the passanger's seat.

"Hey, do you wanna have dinner tonight?" he askes as he started the car.

"Ehm, Spence...We've been having dinner together every night for like a month" I say with a frown.

"Yes, but this one's special" he said with a small smile.

"Should I get all dressed up?" I chuckle at him.

"That would be the right thing to do" he nodded.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Seriously now?".

"Yeap" he said, popping the p.

I smiled at myself as he pulled out in front of my house.

***

He rang the doorbell at exactly 8:00. I think I saw his car parked outside like 15 minutes before the time we had arranged, so he had been probably waiting there. The cutie pie...he didn't want to be late for our dinner together! I opened the door and smiled as I saw him wearing a black suit with a tie. It fitted him perfectly.

"Hello there, gorgeous" I chuckled.

"Hey..." he said awkwardly, scanning me up and down. "Y-you look...stunning" he said with an adorable blush.

"Likewise" I smiled. He drove off to a fancy restaurant in the center of the town. I had never been there before, since it was too expensive for me.

"Spence...you really didn't have to waste so much money on dinner...we could've just go another place" I protested.

"No, I had to. Basically, I wanted to" he shrugged with a small smile, picking up the catalogue.

The night went by slowly. We were having a lovely time together, but I could see that Spencer was becoming more and more anxious as the time passed.

"Okay, what is wrong you today? You've been acting weird ever since we landed in Quantico" I say.

"Oh, ehm...It's just..." he sighs heavily. "I have something to tell you" he says seriously.

Oh fuck...is he breaking up with me? "Go on" I nod.

"Over the last few months I've spent most of my time with you and I've come to realise that...I love you, Nicole. You've always been there for me, you make me happy even when I feel like dying, I just...I want to spend the rest of my life with you" he said, getting up slowly. "So, I want to ask you..." he got down on one knee and pulled out a small red box, revealing a beautiful ring inside it, "Nicole Jones...will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?".

I just stood there, blinking. "Y-yes! A million times yes!" I managed to say after a few moments of silence. He gave me the brightest smile and put the ring on my finger.

"I love you" I said as I pulled him into a hug.

"I love you too" he whispered.

Hello lovely Reiders!! I'm so sorry that it took so long for me to update, but I've been busy with school! In other news, this book will probably end in the next chapter. Thank you for all your votes and comments! It means lot!! xx