Late Night Memories

So,this chapter is kinda short...Sorry about that :/ I promise to make up for it!It also includes Nicole thinking about using drugs.Please vote and comment your opinion!Thank you!

I woke up some time after 2am from Spencer's silent sobs. I knew that he wanted to be alone, so I got up and went to the livingroom. I opened my safety drawer(that's what I call the drawer where I keep the alcohol) but as I reached for my flask,I saw something next to it that I had forgotten about completely. Delaudid. My mind took me back to the day I took it from Spencer's house.

"Spencer, you need help" I said to him sternly. It had been a month since Tobias Hankel had kidnapped and drugged him with Delaudid.

"I am completely capable of taking care of myself, thank you" he replied.

"NO, YOU'RE NOT!" I screamed. "I'm not going to sit back and watch you as you destroy yourself! I won't let you do that" I said.

I don't really know why I didn't throw all of his Delaudid bottles away. I kept a few and brought them back to my appartment. I took a sip of whiskey and stared at it. A needle was laying next to the bottle. I took a deep breath and removed them from the drawer. I saw Spencer's clothes on the couch. I went over and grabbed his belt. I wrapped it quickly around my upper hand and tried the needle. A small dose of Delaudid slipped easily out of it. I started taking deep breaths and didn't allow myself to panick before shoving the needle in my arm. I had always been afraid of them...I started lowering it to my skin, when I heard a gasp coming from behind the couch.

"Nicole! What the hell are you doing?!" Spencer exclaimed.

"Spence, I..." but before I could finish my sentence, he grabbed both the needle and the bottle from my hands.

"Delaudid?! Seriously? You know what this thing did to me! You even were the one who told me that I should stop using it before it killed me!! Tell me, are you trying to kill yourself, Nicole?" he asked me. He was furious. I didn't blame him, to be honest... His lover dying and his best friend trying to take drugs in one day is a bit too much.

"I'm trying to punish myself" I said calmly.

"For what?!" he asked angrily.

"For Maeve's death, you genius!" I shouted. I saw his facial expression soften. I lowered my gaze to the ground as he approached me. He kneeled in front of me and picked up my chin so that I was looking at him.

"Listen to me. Maeve's death is not your fault,okay? You and the team tried really hard to save her, but it all happened really fast. You shouldn't blame yourself for any of this" he said and wiped a tear off my face. He them pulled me into a tight hug and patted my back.

"Now let's go get some sleep" he said softly and carried me to the bedroom.