Epilogue

A loud cry came from the cot next to our bed.

I groaned, looking at my watch. 4am. Great. I sighed and forced myself to get up. "Nicole?" came the sleepy noise of my husband next to me.

"I didn't sign up for this, Spencer" I say in a hoarse voice.

"It's alright, I'll get it this time" he said with a smile and got up quickly, moving to the cot. He picked up our daughter carefully and held jer close to his chest.

"Hey there, Jen" he whispered soothingly, rocking the baby. "What's up, little one?" he smiled down at her. She immediately stopped crying and looked at him with a big smile.

"What are you? A magician?" I asked as I sat up straight.

"Actually, yes" he nods, his eyes never leaving little Jena in his arms.
I roll my eyes but laugh softly as I remember the first time that he performed a magic trick on me. I just loved the adorable look of satisfaction on his face when everyone were amazed by his tricks.
"Alright, alright. You win" I sigh, falling back on the bed.
"Of course I do!" he chuckles, letting our little one down on her cot. She was already fast asleep. He then came over and lied down next to me. "Come here" he whispers as he pulls me closer to him for a cuddle.
"I love you" I mumble against his neck.
"Love you too, Nic" he says, kissing my forehead.

5 Years Later

"Mommy, wake up!" my 5 year old daughter squealed happily as she jumped onto the bed.
I groaned and turned around to face her. "Hey, princess" I say in a hoarse voice. "You're up early! Where is daddy?" I ask, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her into a tight hug.
"Did anyone call me?" Spencer said as his lean figure appeared at our bedroom door. He held a large tray in his arms with a coffee mug, an orange juice, scrambled eggs, bacon and cake on it.
"What are all these?!" I exclaim as I see the big amount of food.
"It's called breakfast in bed. I thought you knew about it?" he asks, frowning playfully.
"Of course" I chuckle as he places the tray on the bed and leans in to give me a kiss.
"EWWWW!" Jena squeals, covering her eyes.
Both Spence and I giggle and turn to look at her.
"Why do you have to smooch in front of me?" She winces, removing her hands from her face.
"We're sorry, Jena. It won't happen again" Spencer laughs, stroking her hair.
Spencer and I had been married for 6 years now. We moved into a bigger house as soon as Jena was born. I had to take a year off the BAU in order to take care of our little one. I really missed the job, but Jena made every second of my time worth it. Just seeing her smile could make my day.
I pick up my cutlery and start eating. Spencer, pulls Jena into a hug and they both stand there, watching me eat with a smile. I stop and turn to look at them as soon as I realise.
"What?" I ask with a frown.
"Nothing...you're just perfect." Spencer shrugs.
I chuckle and shake my head. "Look who's talking..." I say and he leans in for another kiss. This time it's different. Our daughter doesn't cry. She stays silent as Spencer gives me a slow, deep, passionate kiss. I don't regret my choice to marry him. I was lucky enough to find the perfect husband. And everytime he kisses me like that, I know. I know that he loves me just as much as I love him, and that he'll never let me go.

Five years later, and I'm still head over heals for my perfectly imperfect genius. And I am now sure that this is never going to change.

~ The End ~