Maeve is Dead.

I gasped at the sight of Diane pulling the trigger, killing both Maeve and herself. Spencer's voice echoed in my head, but there was nothing we could do anymore. Maeve Donovan, Spencer's other half, was dead. And it was my fault. I could hear Spencer's sobs and I just couldn't take it anymore. I ran outside to the black SUV and cried.

There are some thing you need to know about me. My name is Nicole Jones and I work in the FBI'S Behavioral Analysis Unit, widely known as B.A.U. It is a difficult job, but I'm working with the nicest people on the planet : Jennifer Jerau, who also happens to be my best friend, Penelepe Garcia, Derek Morgan, Aaron Hotchner, Alex Blake and Dr. Spencer Reid. Well, he's not THAT kind of doctor, but he does own 3 PhDs...He also owns my heart. Yes, I know, it sounds a bit too dramatic, but I've been in love with him since my first day on the B.A.U. Everyone on the team knows, except Spencer himself. Maeve was his soulmate. They had never met until that week...I knew he had feeling for her, and, honestly, I wasn't jealous.At least one of us could be happy...But I didn't think of the possibility that a stalker killing her. Apparently, I was wrong. She had just died in front of me. I had a clear shot, I could've taken Diane out, but I was too slow. I was the reason why Spencer had lost the love of his life. Because that's what she was to him. He even thought about marrying her... He said that to me the previous night. We might not be dating, but we're close. JJ (that's Jennifer) came out and pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Hey...are you okay?" she asked me.

"No" I said, my voice cracking a little.

"Please tell me you're not blaming yourself for this" she said.

"Of course I am, JJ. It is my fault. I should've shot her!"

"You couldn't have done that! We were signaled to wait and everything happened too fast" she assured me. "Nicole, he needs you".

"Ugh, I don't know if I can do it, JJ..." and then Spencer came out. He spotted the SUV I was in and came towards it. JJ left and Spence got in the backseat next to me. We sat in silence for awhile. I was looking at my lap, avoiding to make eye contact with him. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm. My head shot up and I looked at him with puffy eyes.

"You did everything you could" he said while looking at me in the eyes. I started crying again. he pulled me into a hug and we stayed like this until we left the crime scene. JJ drove the SUV back and after a 15 minute drive she pulled outside of my house.

"Nicole, can i stay with you tonight?" Spencer spoke up.

"Yes, sweetie, of course" I said. We said our goodbyes to JJ and entered the lobby. I live in a block of flats near the office. My appartment isn't really big, it has one bedroom, a bathroom and a kitchen connected to the living room. I went to my closet and picked out a t-shirt and sweatpants for Spencer that used to be my dad's. They were my favorites, so he had let me take them when I moved out. I handed them over to Spencer. I quickly changed into my pyjamas and laid down on the bed. He joined me after a few minutes. We snuggled next to each other. I've always loved that. He was doing it all in a friendly manner, but it meant a lot more to me. As soon as his sweet smell filled my lungs, I fell asleep in his arms.