Chapter 19: Little Secrets

Levi's POV

"How about this, okay?" My voice continued to raise. Over the course of a few weeks, Farlan has riled up the whole department about my relationship... apparently everyone wanted to know every detail. Every single time I went on a date with her to the times I spent with her in private. One has figured out that I spent an enjoyable time with her in bed. "You all can shut up or-"

"Or what?!" I assume that was Krystall shouting at me.

"I can just quit."

Farlan chuckled, shaking his head. "You wouldn't dare do that, Levi. You just wouldn't, alright? You'll abandon us that much? Come on..."

Rolling my eyes, I knew he was right. I wouldn't leave. "Just, please, shut up. Can I go home in peace?"

"You mean go back to your girl's place?" Another chuckle echoed in the station.

"Shut up!" Leaving that office, I left them alone, chuckling with their weird mindsets. Seriously... what are wrong with adults these days? With technicalities, I'm their senior. They should fear me- yet they all mock me. "Just leave me alone." I scoffed, getting into my car and starting to leave this little mess.

*   *   *

Rapping against the door with my knuckles 3 times, I waited for them to open the door. The little kids were back from school- their screams of happiness filled the air. That's when I heard, "Ah! He's here! Big Bro Levi's here!" No doubt it was Eren's voice.

"Eren, come back here!" I hear- was that Nanaba calling to Eren.

Then, the door opens- Eren was struggling to pull the door open. A gleeful smile overcame his face, giggling softly. "You're here! Do you have doughnuts?!"

"And to fuel your sugar addictions? No. But I did bring dinner." I called a few of the kids to help grab the pizza boxes out of my car- they were very ecstatic for pizza. Hanji said no soda because they were a little hyper... so instead, they got fizzy water.

"I am so sorry for you and your wallet." Nanaba chuckled, chasing after the kids. She helped them carry the boxes- that way no pizza wouldn't be wasted if it fell to the ground. Interesting...

"Hey, Levi," I hear Hanji from my side as she chuckles. Her head leaning on my shoulder as we both watched the kids playfully screaming at each other. "Thanks for getting us dinner... you really didn't have to."

I smiled, turning a bit and kissing her lips. "Oh, but I did want to. Come on, let's go and help them, huh?" Her hand gently waved in the air as she said no. "Why not? Something wrong?" My eyebrow rose slightly as I wanted to know what was with her. Sure, she was acting a little different... but I guess that's normal for girls.

"No, nothing's wrong."

Was that a lie? I can't tell. "Alright then."

"Please, don't worry about me, okay? I gotta go- inside, of course."

She walked inside, and I heard the TV go on. The kids were all slowly waddling inside the house with the pizza and fizzy water. Nanaba began to take the water away from the kids and carrying it herself. 

"Nanaba," I called out, almost stepping out to her. "What's going on with Hanji?"

"Just normal girl problems. You know- that time of the month. Plus, it is around the same month where she usually skips..."

"Skips? Skips what?"

She looked at me with some sort of a death stare. "Uhh... you know... her period. She abnormal in that way- so she skips a lot of times. But she still gets aches and pains. So she's drowning herself in ice cream. Care to join her?"

"I'm... I'm not even sure what to say."

Nanaba chuckled, walking inside. "You don't even know half of the things girls suffer every single month, Levi. Here's a little pro-tip: if Hanji wants something, it's better to give it to her than her getting mad at you. And with these types of months... you better not mess with her."

My hands rose in defeat. "Alright, fine. Whatever Hanji needs."

"Good."

*   *   *

It had gotten a little late in the evening, and I was helping tuck the kids in. You know, the usual type to leave the nightlight on in the bedroom and ensuring that they aren't eating some sort of snacks in their beds. That sort of stuff.

Actually, that got me to overhear a suspicious conversation with Nanaba and Hanji. "Oh, so should I be worried then?" Hanji asked, sighing with a slight stressful tone. "I'm scared."

"It could be anything, Hanji. But let's just hope you skipped, okay?"

"Skipping or being pregnant- I need to get myself tested, huh?" Hanji gave that sort of a nervous chuckle. Small footsteps against the wooden floors- pacing back and forth. "Should I at least tell Levi or-"

"I told Levi earlier that you skipped a month."

"And what I didn't skip a month? Then what?"

"Tell him immediately."

"I'll just... I'll tell him tonight."

"Ohh... having him sleep in your room again? Girl, I may not hear it, but I can sure-"

"Shut up, Nanaba! I just like having his presence. Besides, I don't do any of that here. Not when the kids are around. Why do you think we go to his apartment from time to time? Just... no, stop it."

"Alright, alright..."

Huh... I wonder...