Chapter 32: If Only...

Hanji's POV

Nanaba smiled softly, caressing Raven's cheek. "Oh my god... they are the most adorable angels... I wonder how a scary looking guy was able to give you such beautiful angels. The world may never know, am I right?" She chuckles, slightly nudging me. "Come on, girl, give me a smile! A date night with Levi after how many months?"

"Well... it's been about 6 months... we've made some date nights up with just takeout. This would be the official one after the twins."

"Nervous?"

"Why would I be?" I smiled, quickly going through my closet. "Now... the only question that would bug me would be... what should I wear? Something casual? Something to spike Levi's interest? So many wondering moments..."

Nanaba walked to my closet, seeing some of Levi's stuff stuffed into the corner. "Huh- he's really keeping his word. Maybe we should close this orphanage down and adopt everyone. Then, buy a house."

"Oh, I would love to- but-"

"This is kinda like Levi's childhood home, huh?" She smiled softly, helping me go through my closet. "Oh... how about this?" Nanaba then pulls out a skinny, red dress. "Or is it... too much?"

Then... "It might not be bad..."

Nanaba began to grin, thrusting the dress into my chest. "Well? Put it on! Levi will be knocked down to his knees once he sees you in that- hurry! Put it on! I'll go look for your contacts." My god... she's really excited for my appearance... that's strange...

*   *   *

"Am I even allowed to look?" Levi was completely blindfolded- all thanks to those little brats- his words, not mine. Mikasa was trying to stop Eren from climbing all over him- "Please- who is even on me? Eren, is that you?"

"Gah!"

There was a slight smile on Levi's face as he gripped tightly onto Eren. "Don't fall. I got you."

Armin ran towards me, gasping a bit. "We got him all tied up- can he see how pretty you are...?" He pleaded softly, running to my dress and tugging on it gently. "Can we please show Mr. Levii?!"

I smiled, nodding my head, attempting to brush my hair out of my face. "Go ahead."

They then take the blindfold off of Levi, and I just watched his eyes widen. A sly smile appeared on his face as he began to make his way towards me. "Dressing all fancy for me? Please, I don't deserve this..." He says before embracing me with a kiss. "Let me go and get dressed."

"I'll be waiting."

I didn't have to wait long. Levi got changed into a white buttoned-down shirt with black slacks. He walked out with a vest draping from his arms as he buttoned his cuffs. He never put the black vest on until we arrived at the restaurant.

*   *   *

"Are you even allowed to drink?" I joked as Levi took a simple sip of wine. I didn't want to drink any alcohol for awhile until the twins became a year old. "You are driving back home- or should I?"

"You're not going to go off and drive, Hanji." Levi scoffed, taking another sip of wine. "Besides, I can drink for a little while. Unlike you, one small sip and you go off crazy."

"H-Hey!"

Levi continued having that smirk on his face as he drank his alcohol. "It's true. I'm afraid of taking you to my co-workers parties every now and then just because of your reaction to alcohol. But... when the twins are slightly older, then-"

"Another kid?" I spat out, chuckling. "I'm just joking, of course."

Under his breath, I swore I heard him say, "As long as it's not another twin."

"I heard that, Levi."

A slight eyeroll and he sighed heavily. "Okay, you got me." He rose his hands and let out a chuckle. "I don't mind having another kid- I'm just... I'm not sure if we're lucky to have twins or not. It was completely out of nowhere. Plus with what your family said about kids..."

"Majority of my aunts and uncles don't have kids- that's why I'm thankful. Even if we're just trying for kids... I'm just hopeful, you know? Maybe these twins will... will be our last."

Levi's tone changed as soon as I muttered that last sentence out. He reached for my hand, giving me a kind smile. "Hanji, listen to me... I didn't bring you out here so you can think that those twins will be the last we ever get. Besides, I have enough money to help you get surgery or something to help you get pregnant much more often. Don't think so little, okay?"

Then, something clicked. Didn't bring me out here to think the twins will be the last we ever get? I wonder... this man is so many things- I don't even know where to begin on my list. His suspicious behavior a few months ago... right- that time he was completely late when Erwin called me!

Wait...

"Why did you bring me out here?"

Caught off-guard, Levi tried to lean back, but didn't want to leave my grasp. "Damn... I thought I could've wait until dessert."

"Waited for what?" A silvery-tint in his eyes gleamed as I finally made the connection. "Wait- you mean... you're about to propose?!"

"Not so loud," he cries with a smirk, "I wanted it to be a surprise for you... I ruined it, huh? I'm sorry, Hanji, but..." That's when he started to go through his own pockets before pulling out a small box. "Since the whole surprise got ruined, might as well give me an answe-"

"Yes." I cried, smiling so brightly. "I do want to marry you... please..."

"Then give me your hand, Four-Eyes."

Gracefully, I held my hand out and I smiled as he slipped the ring onto my finger. Some people didn't notice- but I'm grateful, honestly. Knowing Levi, he hates the attention. If the whole restaurant started to clap, I think his pale cheeks could not reach beyond those reddened color.

The rest of the meal went... amazing... the fact that I could not stop staring at that small diamond on my ring... I was going to be married to this man. How long this journey has been. The first time I've met him was completely by coincidence. How I fell in love with him... fell into his arms... we took it slow, but soon, we came with twins. I wished this would've went longer... this dating process... but alas, some things must come to a close.