Chapter 24: Jealousy, Perhaps?

Levi's POV

"No, no," Eren curled his fists together. "I wanna play with Miss Hanji! She's the only one who can give me airplane rides and help me with my homework and-"

"Not this time, Eren." I say to him, leading him away from Hanji's room. She was busy taking a nap- again. Now, Hanji's been taking way too many naps than usual. Then again, it might be because of the baby. "I don't want you to hurt her. Plus, she's napping. Which reminds me... this is your nap time..."

"No! No nap time!" His feet stomps hard on the ground. His face had a hint of red to it as he screamed at the top of his lungs. "I don't wanna nap! I don't need one!" Funny... why did he yawn?

Chuckling softly, I picked him up- despite him throwing a tantrum right then and there. Of course, he needs his nap. All the other kids had their mini naps. Eren was the only one who needs it. "Come on, I'll tuck you away."

"No!"

*   *   *

"Bro...?" Eren looked at me with saddened eyes, yawning softly. "Why can't I spend time with Miss Hanji? I liked you better than the Bad Man... but now, you're taking Miss Hanji away from me..."

I smiled softly, shaking my head a bit. My hand ran through his hair, knowing that he was close to a son to me. "No, I'm not trying to take her away from you. It's just that... we're worried for her, okay?"

"Worried? What's wrong with Miss Hanji?"

"I can't tell you," Hanji wouldn't want the kids to worry or poke fun at her stomach. Plus... she did have a point. If she loses the baby... what will she tell the kids if they expected a new kid to join them? "Not yet."

"When will I know?" Another yawn overtook him as his eyes closed. "I... I wanna..."

A kiss on his forehead once I hear him snoring softly. Twitching his arms as he fell asleep. "Don't worry, Eren..." I whispered softly. "It'll be alright... when it gets closer, we'll tell you. That I promise. Just... don't hate on me..."