Chapter 25

Chapter 25

.

.

.

.

.

.

Two Weeks Later~

Ruby's POV

I haven't seen Scarlett since that night. When I had woken up the next morning, everybody was asleep on the couches. I thought back on Jasper's behavior that night than it hit me. He wasn't drunk! While his mom and grandmothers turned up bottles of Whiskey and Vodka, he was taking shots of a non-alcoholic drink. Quickly standing to my feet, I rushed up the stairs, searching every room for Scarlett. When I didn't find her anywhere, I started to get worried and ended up waking everybody up.

We spent a whole week searching for her until Jackson finally called to inform us that he had called her phone several times, but she didn't answer, so he was catching the next plane back to help find her.

When he arrived that night, he demanded us to take him to Jasper who was back at their parent's mansion, watching tv. Once Jackson's eyes landed on Jasper, he launched at him, starting up a fight.

"Where the fuck is she?!" Jackson would yell as he'd get a few punches in before Jasper pinned him down.

"You mean your little fiancée? I don't know." He shrugged as I had to hold Jojo back from attacking him. Sighing, I pushed that memory back as my cell phone started buzzing. As I looked at the number, I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Who would be calling me from a restricted number?" I whispered while answering it. "Hello?"

"Ruby." Her voice whispered as if she had been crying.

"Scarlett?! Where are you? Are you okay? PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING YOU REGRETTED?!" I shouted while quickly sitting up, alarming Richard.

"I regret falling in love with him." She whispered as a sob escaped her mouth before she broke down in tears on the phone.

"Calm down, sweetie. Explain to me, who's him and when did all of this happen." I whispered as she sniffled before clearing her throat.

"Remember when we first met, and I told you about the man that I fell in love with?" She asked as I thought back on our first encounter.

"Yes, you're talking about that older man?" I asked as she whimpered softly.

"Yes, his name was Jasper. Jasper Sampson." She whispered as I held my hand over my mouth. "Could you send Jackson to come pick me up?" She asked while sniffing some more.

"O-Okay, where are you?" I asked as she shuffled around before sighing.

"Our old hometown." She had whispered before the line went dead as I sat there looking horrified before quickly dialing in Jackson's number.

"Hello?" He answered after the first ring as I sighed.

"I know where Scarlett is," I stated while sighing.

---------------

Scarlett's POV

I laid back down on the motel bed as all of the memories started flooding back to my mind. Bad ones, good ones, ones of my family, their last words, the gunmen's voice, the guns going off, the dull thudding of individual bodies dropping to the blood-soaked carpet, my older sister's muffled scream, my younger brother's cry before the gun went off again.

Before those memories could continue to haunt me, the motel door burst open as a worried looking Jackson ran in. He was breathing heavily as if he had just finished running a marathon.

"Scarlett!! Are you okay?!!" He asked while hurrying over and hugging me.

"No. I thought I could hide this, try to forget it but I couldn't. Jackson, I want to show you something." I whispered while standing up as he led me out to his car before helping me in.

"What's going on?" He asked while backing out as I sighed and wiped my eyes.

"Just drive until you see a cemetery than I'll give you directions on where to go from there," I whispered as he nodded before driving down the road until he saw the entrance to it that said, ENTRANCE BLOCK A.

"Where to from here?" He asked while pulling in and continuing down the small road that had headstones on both sides.

"Pass the third road then stop," I whispered while looking out the window at the familiar setting. In the last two weeks, I had been to this place several times just to visit with plenty of beautiful flowers. As the car came to a quiet stop, I opened the door and got out before Jackson hurried to my side. Grasping his hand, I led him down a little rock path that led into a little mini forest before stopping at the only headstone back here that had a few different colored roses, which were still fresh, laying next to it.

On it was:

Serene Azalea Rose

February 18, 2009-February 18, 2009

May her soul rest in peace.

"She died at birth?" He asked as his face dropped while I gently released his giant hand.

"Jackson, this little girl, was my daughter. She was still in my stomach when she died." I whispered as he pulled me into his embrace while stroking my hair as I started crying.

"What happened to her father?" He asked as I stiffened at that word. Would I call him that?

"He was in some whore's bed. But he loved Serene and was devastated to find out that she died. After that, he pinned it on me, saying I killed her. I promise you. I didn't. I woke up that night, bleeding heavily before being rushed to the hospital by my grandmother. After a few hours there, they had finally come in and told me the horrible news and said that it usually happens to some people." I sobbed while covering my face with my hands as he continued to hold me.

"It's okay. He didn't deserve to call himself your boyfriend or that child's father." He whispered as I shook my head gently.

"If I told you who he was, then you'll most likely leave me, just like he did. I don't want to be alone again." I whispered back as he looked down at me before giving me a small smile.

"No matter who he is, you'll still be my fiancée and the mother to our children." He ensured as I swallowed down the lump in my throat.

"Jasper was her father," I whispered as he continued to hold me.

"I'm going to murder him." He growled as I shook my head.

"No, it's all in the past," I whispered while staring into his eyes as he sighed quietly before hugging me.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" He asked as I hugged him back.

"I thought you'd hate me or think that I was a whore," I whispered as he pulled back and shook his head before smiling.

"I wouldn't have thought anything like that about you. I will always love you." He whispered back while kissing me, silencing my worries.

10/15/16

Slightly Edited