Chapter 21

Chapter 21

.

.

.

.

.

As soon as we stepped outside of the building to leave, we were immediately surrounded by the paparazzi as they started asking me questions, pointing their microphones towards my mouth.

"Is it true that you're a secret billionaire?!" One guy shouted as the twins started kicking up a storm. Jackson quickly grasped my hand as he pushed past them, but they didn't stop. Not even when we drove off. They were running after the car.

"Are you okay?" Jackson asked as I looked over at him and nodded before rubbing my stomach softly as the twins started to settle down. "I need to get you some bodyguards. I'll call them when we get home, for now, just relax." He reassured while grasping my hand with his free one. As he drove, he would gently rub his thumb across the back of my hand.

"Jackson?" I asked while staring out the window.

"Yes, love?"

"What are we going to name our babies?" I asked while giving his hand a soft squeeze.

"We'll think about that when we get everything settled and peaceful." He whispered while bringing my hand up to kiss it as I smiled sheepishly. "Plus, Mom has some suggestions for you. Do you want to go see her before we go home?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yes, that sounds right." I smiled while staring out the window as the scenery flew by in a colorful yet beautiful blur.

[~~~]

"I like Leah, Galington, Henry, Danny, Nova, Nevera, Annie, Abbie, Isabelle, Sophie, Cyr-"

"Mom, calm down a minute and breathe. You look like you're about to pass out." Jasper interrupted while walking into the living room with a tray full of cups that had a different drink in it. "Scotch for the crazy lady, Whiskey for me, and Apple Juice for the pregnant couple." He smiled while handing Jackson and me our apple juice.

"Thank you." We nodded to him and their mother as they turned up their cups, quickly gulping down their alcohol.

"Damn! That was good!" She shouted while pouring another cup before swirling it around in the cup. "Now, I know there's something else that you want to tell us all including my daughter." She nodded while looking at him seriously as he sighed before placing his cup down.

"I guess Dad told you," Jackson mumbled while looking up at her as she smirked.

"Damn right he did!! He can't hide anything from the queen of this castle!!" She laughed as Jasper chugged down another cup of alcohol.

"Since when did this turn into the medieval time?" He asked as she quickly returned to her solemn state.

"Tell her now. No more secrets." His mom growled as Jackson sighed again before turning to me.

"Scarlett," Jackson whispered while moving a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Yes?" I asked after he didn't continue.

"I'm going off on a business trip to Tokyo soon." He whispered back as I just sat in my place for a second, trying to progress what he just said.

"What?" I asked as he gently caressed my cheek.

"I'm going to Tokyo, Japan, to see if I can get them to become our business partners in our business. I know it's sudden, but I didn't know how to tell you." He sighed as I somewhat felt hurt that he was keeping this from me.

"When?" Was all that came out as he continued to look into my eyes.

"Tomorrow night, that's why I wanted to take you out for lunch tomorrow afternoon before I left. What do you say?" He asked while smiling, obviously trying to cheer me up.

"Um-sure," I whispered while finally breaking eye contact. "How long will you be gone?" I added as he let another sigh.

"For two weeks."

"Oh okay," I mumbled while placing the cup on the end table.

"Don't be sad! We'll be staying with you until he comes back!!" Anna shouted while hurrying into the living room as I looked up at her and smiled a little.

"Who are 'we'?" Jackson asked as I noticed his mom smirk.

"Let's see. Me, Jasper, Anna, both of your grandmothers, and Scarlett's sisters." She smiled as he turned and glared at Jasper.

"No. You are staying here." He growled as Jasper laughed like a drunk man.

"I can't, especially since granny's gonna be there. You know how those two are." He whispered while pointing over towards their mom who was now chugging down her cup before refilling it and repeating.

"Fine. But don't do or touch anything. If I find out that something has happened while I was gone, there will be no more Jasper Sampson." Jackson threatened as Jasper started laughing.

"Fine fine. So overprotective." Jasper mumbled while smirking.

10/15/16

Slightly Edited