Chapter 8

Chapter 8

.

.

.
After he finished showering, we sat in the living room sipping at our drinks while staring at each other.

"So, where will I be sleeping?" He questioned as he glanced over at me before placing his empty cup on the dark wooded coffee table. Sighing, I took a few more sips of my drink before putting it down on the table.

"On the couch, of course. That's where dogs belong." I stated while staring at him as he frowned down at me.

"I understand that you're still mad about what I said to you a few months back, but I've been chewed out enough to come to my senses. I realized my mistakes and I'm sorry." He stated as I stared at him for a second before standing up.

"I won't accept your apology. You can't just come back into my life and then think that it'll all be peachy because you apologized. Anybody can apologize. I know that for a fact." I frowned while picking up the cups and walking into the kitchen.

"Then let me make it up to you. I want to be in this baby's life. How about we go out and get some coffee or something to eat whenever you're feeling better?"

Staring at him for a second, I sighed at the determined look on his face. "No. Blankets are beneath the stairs. Good night." I stated while drying my hands on the table cloth before walking out of kitchen to go take a shower and probably go to sleep.

"Goodnight, Scarlett." He stated as I climbed the stairs.

[~~~]

Stirring from my dreamless sleep, I slowly sat up, stretching as I did.

The thought of him playing with my emotions crossed my mind as I frowned. Grunting, I squeezed the bridge of my nose frustratedly before the door quickly swung open.

Standing in the doorway holding a tray in just his boxers, was the devil himself.

Jackson.

"Did I wake you?" He asked, trying to hide a smirk as I continued to frown. "Or did you assume I left?" He added, the smirk now fully showing.

"Sometimes...I ask myself, why in the hell did it have to be you that I got pregnant by. How come it couldn't be one of those hunky lifeguards?"

That, of course, wiped that smirk clean off his face.

"What's wrong with me?! Am I too big for you?!!" He asked while looking down at his crotch as I couldn't help but laugh.

I was laughing so hard that I was crying.

"Too big? I won't kill your joy." I mumbled, wiping away my tears as he looked up at me and smiled.

"That was beautiful." He whispered to himself, but I still heard.

"What?" I asked, looking back up at him as he came closer to the bed.

"Your laugh. You. You're really beautiful." He complimented, staring into my eyes as if he was staring into my soul.

"Listen here, mister. There's no way that I'm falling for that again. Nope. You won't be jumping my britches tonight!" I exclaimed, frowning at him as he raised an eyebrow at me and shook his head.

"I tried. I'll have to try to win your heart." He mumbled, another actual smile sliding across his face as he set the stands down on the tray for me.

I gawked at the food that sat upon it on a clean decorated plate. It might have been just French toast with scrambled eggs and bacon, but it looked so gourmet. Like something posh people would eat.

"What? Do you not like it?" He asked, looking at me with confusion as I shook my head.

"It's not that. Did you hire somebody to make this? Or did you buy this from somewhere?" I asked back, eyeing him wearily.

"No. I cooked it myself." He shrugged as I continued to stare at him, squinting my eyes.

"Show me."

"What?"

"I said show me. I want to actually see you cook it." I smirked as he frowned at my response.

"Do you not be-"

"Nope." I interrupted as he sighed and picked up the tray for me.

"Fine, I'll show you." He grunted, leaving the room with me in tow. He sat the tray down on the counter as I sat on the stool and started eating, watching him as he pulled on my apron.

"You're not even paying attention!" He shouted, glaring at me as I looked at him and nodded.

"Okay okay! I'm watching now!!" I shouted back, waving my free hand in the air as he grunted and started cooking.

He was quick. Everything he did, it looked so professional. Even when he was stirring the uncooked eggs, he still looked professional. After he placed the cinnamon covered bread into the stove, he turned to me with a smirk plastered on his face.

"Believe me now?" He asked as I picked a berry and tossed it at him.

What shocked me was how he caught it in his mouth.

"Show off." I mumbled, staring down at the now empty plate while thinking about some more food. I was still hungry.

"Here you go, beautiful." He slowly took the empty plate and placed a new, full plate in front of me.

"Wh-D-Did you?! Damnit!" I shouted, blushing fiercely as he looked at me confused.

"Did I what?"

"D-Did you just read my mind?" I asked, not looking at him as he chuckled.

"No. I figured that that didn't fill you up, since it didn't fill up my sister." He shrugged as I looked up at him.

"You have a sister?"

"Yep. Two sisters and three brothers. I'm older than my sisters and younger than my two brothers."

"Wait, what about the third brother?" I asked, covering my french toast in some syrup that was nearby.

"I'm older than him, so we're like the middle children." He shrugged as my mind started to wonder.

Are his brothers as hot as he is?

"Also, don't you dare think about trying to get with them. They are WAY out of your league." He stated as I just stared at him like he grew a second head.

"Well! Thank you for crushing my dreams and possible hopes!!" I shouted, throwing my hands in the air as he continued to laugh.

Damn mind reader.