Chapter 9

Chapter 9

.

.

.

Jackson's POV

After I cleaned the kitchen and gathered all of the things she brought, I loaded them onto the back of my truck before climbing into the driver's seat as I turned my attention to Scarlett.

"Damn mind reader. Shit. Fuck. Show off. Scum." She sat in the passengers seat, mumbling things to herself while crossing her arms across her slightly larger chest while frowning.

"Are you okay?" I questioned, buckling up as she did the same while continuing to mumble to herself. "I'll take that as a yes. Now, when was the last time you had an ultrasound or went and checked up on the baby?" I added while putting on my serious face as I turned it on before slowly driving down the muddy path.

"Two months ago." She mumbled, now staring out the window quietly with a hand resting gently on her stomach. She was beautiful in all of her glory. She was different from the other girls. Just as those thoughts entered my mind, an unfamiliar ringing sounded off. "Hello?" She answered while pulling the phone to her ear as she stared off at the road. Her bored expression turned into a hard down frown as she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Listen. I don't care. Just get that moron away from the house. Do anything you want to him except for option M." She sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose in aggravation.

As she sat there listening, screaming came from the other end of her phone. Glancing over at her for a second, I noticed her more evident frown.

"Oops...I think I cut him. Like a huge cut." A female's voice laughed on the other end as I raised my eyebrow towards the familiar voice while Scarlett shook her head.

"Sometimes, I worry about you both." She mumbled, slightly relaxing in her seat.

"We know. That's why you love us. See you soon, Monroe." The same familiar female's voice laughed before Scarlett hung up. She let out a loud sigh before letting her chair back and turning towards the passenger's door, her back to me.

"Are you tired?" I questioned as she nodded in response. "Would you like me to wake you up when we get back home?" I questioned as she nodded again before her breathing slowed down, showing that she was asleep.

Glancing over at her, I smiled.

I've done a lot of thinking since she disappeared two months back. My mother was right even if the truth had hurt.

I was actually worried about her.

I was hoping nothing had happened to her but then I remembered what I told her. I actually told her to kill our baby.

After the talk that I had with my mother, my mind started to collapse.

'What if she wasn't lying? What if she was telling the truth?'

'I could've had a little son or daughter but I told their mother to get rid of it.'

'What if she really killed our baby?'

'Was she crying?'

After my mind blew up with unanswered questions, I decided to take Ruby up on her offer since the threats didn't get any better.

It took me a month to actually figure out how to approach the situation and figure out where the path was located since it was hidden well behind a few bushes and tress. She did well with hiding herself.

She had etiquette taste, if I may say so myself.

Scarlett actually changed me.

I threw away Olivia, my only playtoy, since I didn't want my child to become like me. I bought a new apartment thats big enough for a large family and a mansion that's big enough for a family of five. I have some baby things on hold for us. I think I went overboard. As I continued to drive, one thought started racing through my mind which completely left me thinking.

Was I beginning to like her? Or is it just because she's having my child?

~~~~

8/10/16

I know its short and not really....edited but this is just temporarily.

Andrea~