Chapter 7

Chapter 7

.

.

.
The Next Day~

Jackson's POV

Sighing, I glanced over at the office phone once again before picking it up. I needed to talk to somebody and she was the best option since she was older and wiser. Quickly dialing her number, I waited for her to pick up and reassure me that I wasn't losing my mind.

"Hello?" She answered after the second ring as I let out another sigh.

"Hey, mom. I need some help on something and you're the only person that I can talk to about this sensitive situation." I muttered while raking my fingers through my hair.

"Before we talk about that, is everything okay? Your car was on the news last night and I got scared that you had gotten hurt when you didn't pick up your cell phone." She stated worriedly as I quickly checked my pockets for my cell phone.

"I'm fine, mother...and I believe that my cell phone got taken by those women when I wasn't paying attention. But, listen. It all started when I went to this party with George and met this girl who I ended up sleeping with. After that night, I pretty much avoided looking for her since she might have been like all the other women who threw themselves at me then proclaimed that they were pregnant by me a few weeks later."

"Wait, you slept with multiple girls and just left them the next morning? I did not raise you like that, Jackson!" She exclaimed with disappointment clear in her voice. "And what about this girl? Is she pregnant with your child or did you cast her away because of what the other women did?" She questioned as I quietly pulled the ultrasound out of the draw before looking at it.

"I didn't cast her away." I grunted as she started laughing on the other side like something was really funny.

"Than what did you do? What did you tell her, Jackson?" She questioned on after she quieted her laughter. I knew I was going to regret calling her.

"I told her to abort it." I mumbled as the line went dead. "Mother?" I questioned as she started screaming down the phone in French. "Wait! I didn't know that she was actually pregnant until probably after she slapped me and threw the ultrasound down on the desk before storming out of the building!" I exclaimed as the line went dead again.

"I am very disappointed in you Jackson. Did you tell that to the other girls who came to you like that? What made you think that this girl was the same as the others?" She questioned as I thought on that.

"No. I didn't tell the other women that. I took them to the hospital to go get a pregnancy test done that same day and when we both found out that the woman wasn't pregnant, I made sure I got a restraining order put on them. Even though Scarlett said that she wasn't here for the money, I didn't want to believe her. She only said that she wanted to tell me that I'd have a daughter or son in a few months." I explained as my mother let out a sigh.

"Jackson. You only have one chance at life and you don't want to spend it regretting what you could have had. You have to face the consequences of your choices whether you believe she's pregnant or not. Now, I have to go. Call me back after all of this has been solved and situated." She stated before hanging up as I leaned back in the seat staring at the phone in my hand. Sighing, I placed the phone back on the receiver before staring at the unusual piece of paper on my desk that was hidden beneath one of my folders.

"What the hell?" I pulled the paper from its hiding place before unfolding it. It was a letter from Ruby. In her letter she wrote how they had my phone, Scarlett's location was embedded in the letter, and her reason for telling me this was because she wanted her sister back safely since she wouldn't come back when they tried. Sighing, I placed the paper down before calling my secretary and telling her to move all of my appointments in the next upcoming months.

[~~~]

Scarlett's POV

It had been two months since I had left my home and came to this cottage. Upon my arrival, I cleaned it up and washed everything that could've been washed since we hadn't been back to this place in years. Sighing quietly to myself, I sipped at my milk and honey while staring out at the rain as it pelted against the window.

It was beautiful.

"Isn't it beautiful, my little baby?" I whispered while rubbing my little bump. I was already three months along meaning, no more morning sickness and a little bit of bloating. Nothing a warm soak in a bubble bath couldn't fix.

The sudden loud knocking scared me to death as I wasn't used to the noise. Sitting still with my hand over my racing heart, I continued looking out the window knowing that it was probably just a part of my imagination.

Sadly it was not.

The banging became louder as I sighed and picked up my cup of milk and honey before heading to the door. Silently fixing the ruffles on my pink dress, I quietly pulled the door open and frowned at the man standing in front of me. Soaked to the bone in the rain, was Jackson Sampson. He glanced at me for a second before pulling me into his embrace as I just stood there, awkwardly getting soaked from his wet clothing.

"Umm...I'll go get you a towel." I whispered while slowly stepping back from him as he looked at me before glaring daggers.

What was going on?

How did he find me?

"We are going back now. Your sisters are driving me insane." He grunted as I stepped aside to let him in before closing the door and turning to him.

"My sisters? How do you know about my sisters?" I questioned while opening the closet under the stairs and grabbing a towel before handing it to him.

"Thank you. Your sister, the one known as Ruby, is dating my best friend who just so happened to be the doctor who attended to you. Than your other sister, the tattooed one with piercings, freaking trashed my car! She busted the windows, smashed it as much as she could, then set it ablaze!! What the fuck is wrong with your sisters?!" He exclaimed, furiously drying his hair as I couldn't help but laugh.

"We all stick up for each other like the three musketeers. They're my babies and I'm their babe." I shrugged while staring at him.

"What?!" He snapped, a frown setting upon his face.

"I was going to ask you would you like something warm to drink and something warm to wear but I see you're better off wet and soaked to the bone. Right, mister billionaire?" I smiled while silently sipping at my milk and honey.

"I'm sorry. Could I please get whatever you are offering me?" He asked, his frown disappearing.

"Sure. Strip."

"W-What?! No!!" He shouted as his cheeks began to turn a bright red.

"Awww, you're blushing!! That's so cute!" I squealed as he grunted. "Now just take off your clothes while I go get you something warm to sleep in."

"Fine. Do you have a bathroom? I'd like to take a shower before I actually put on some warm clothes." He grunted as I nodded, leading him to the bathroom near the kitchen.

"If you need anything, I'll be in the kitchen." I smiled as he grunted in reply before closing the door. I quickly set a pair of pajama pants next to the door along with some men's boxers.

They used to be my grandfather's. Of course they were brand new since my grandfather complained that he had enough to give to an army. They were the extra ones that he stuffed at the back of his dresser draws.

Once that was done, I hurried into the kitchen and made some more milk and honey for us before we went to bed.