Chapter 24

Chapter 24

.

.

.

.

.

.

11:46 PM

"Shh! You're not supposed to be talking about that!" Jackson's mom whispered to Susie, who sat next to her speaking something in French before she started laughing. Of course, they were all drunk. The only serious ones in the room were me, Anna, and Ruby. Everybody else was drunk and crazy or drunk and silly. Jasper, of all people, was supposed to be watching them but he settled down on the couch and started taking shots as everybody cheered him on like they were at a college party.

"B-Baby...Come over here." Jasper slurred while smiling at me as I looked over at Ruby and Anna who both shook their heads. "Don't leave me hanging, sexy thing." He purred as I couldn't help but laugh at his drunken state. He was indeed funny until he turned to his mother and started talking about his days when he was younger. Jasper's not that old. He was just four years older than Jackson.

"Now, since they're drunk, why don't we just plop down and watch a movie?" Anna suggested as she walked over to the tv and quickly put a movie in the DVD player. "Now, sit mama and you too, nurse." She smiled while looking at Ruby and me as we just smiled back and sat down.

About fifteen minutes after the movie had started, everybody except for Jasper and me were out. He continued to turn up shots of alcohol. Sighing to myself, I stood up and left to use the bathroom upstairs. When I was finished doing my business, I walked out to be greeted by Jasper who leaned against the wall with a troubled look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked while walking towards him as he looked up at me and smiled slightly, the distressed look still on his face.

"I-I have a confession." He whispered while stepping closer to me as I stopped in my steps and nodded to him.

"You can tell me," I whispered as he continued to approach me until he was looking down at me. He moved his mouth like he wanted to say something but stopped himself before kissing me. It took me a few seconds to realize what the hell he was doing before I pushed him away.

"I-I'm sorry." He stuttered as I stared at him like he was crazy.

"What is wrong with you?!" I whispered as he just stared at me.

"I-I love you." He whispered back while gently caressing my cheek with his long hands.

"Jasper, I can't say the same thing back. I love Jackson, your younger brother." I explained as he quickly withdrew his hand and looked away before sighing quietly.

"I know. But there's something that keeps me coming back to you. I-I-I can't help the feelings that I have towards you. It's like your beauty, your personality, your heart; it's dragging me towards you. I try to replace those feelings that I have for you but I can't. No matter how many girls I decided to fuck, I just don't feel the same. I want you back." He whispered, bringing back the past as I gently shook my head.

"That all changed. It's all in the past, Jasper. There was a time that I did love you, but now, I've moved on. I've found somebody who'll treat me better, and that ended up being your younger brother. I love him. Our time is over." I whispered back as he sighed quietly to himself before hugging me.

"I've made a mistake. It's taken me years to realize that, and now, you're pregnant by my brother and about to have his children. If I had come to my senses earlier, we would be married and still have Serene." He whispered into my ear as I quickly shook my head and pushed him away.

"Stop," I mumbled while covering my mouth as the silent tears started freely falling. I can't believe Jasper still remembered her name after all of these years.

"She'd be turning ten this week." He added while crossing his hands over his chest as I stood there crying my heart out.

"Please, stop. I'm begging you." I pleaded as he sighed and pulled me back into his embrace before rubbing my back softly.

"I wouldn't have forgotten her name, after all, I did help pick it out. But, how long has it been since you visited her grave? You're just going to put her in the past and move on?" He added while pulling me tighter against his hard chest.

"No. I haven't had time to visit her grave. I would never put her in the past. She was too dear to me." I sobbed, apparently upset that he was bringing this up.

"You haven't answered my question. Matter of fact, have you even told Jackson about your past?" He asked while staring down at me as I shook my head.

"No."

"Why not? I'm sure he'd love to hear about his new fiancée's little secret."

"Get out," I whispered while quickly pulling away from him as a smug look crossed his face before it went blank.

"As you wish, my princess. I'll leave you to wallow in your pity. You've put Serene and me in the past and just moved on like it was easy. And to make things even funnier, you're about to have my little brother's children! I wish you luck in your new life, Scarlett." He stated bitterly while walking towards the stairs.

"I didn't know he was your brother," I whispered to his back as he stopped at the stairs and shook his head before continuing down them. Not long after that, the front door closed quietly, signaling that he had left.

10/15/16

Slightly Edited