Chapter 17

Chapter 17
.

.

.

.

.

After that little meeting with Jackson's younger sister, she left to go check up on her brother while I caught up with my sisters, who to my surprise were not that far away from where I had currently left.

"Who was the little girl?" Jovonni asked, waiting for my answer as she stared past me towards the spot where we were previously standing.

"That was one of Jackson's sisters," I stated while gently moving in front of Jojo as she switched her gaze back towards me before frowning slightly.

"Why was she here?" Ruby added, a frown set upon her face. I guess Richard already told her. Sighing, I quietly rubbed my sweaty palms on my light pink dress while staring back at my sisters.

"To spy on Richard..." I mumbled as Ruby grunted while Jovonni looked at me before looking at Ruby. She quietly smiled while shoving her hands into her dark denim jeans before leaning back on the wall as if it were a casual action.

"What did I miss?" Richard asked walking up as I looked at Jojo who quietly looked down at her dark red plaid shirt before looking back up at me.

"She's here to spy on him, Ruby's boyfriend, and return the information back to her older sister who likes him," I explained as Jojo started laughing.

"She's getting bribed?" Jojo asked, a knowing smirk on her face as I nodded.

"Yep. With anime."

"And what did you tell her?" Richard asked as I fiddled with my fingers.

"I told her who I was and that I'd give her my entire anime collection if she'd stop spying on you." I sighed as Jojo and Ruby smiled.

"It's okay, darling. Now let's go and check up on our baby." Ruby smiled as I nodded and followed behind them.

[~~~]

I stared at the ultrasound for a few minutes as Jojo finally came back with a bottle of water.

"Here you go." She smiled while handing me my drink and sitting down. "Are you surprised?" She asked, taking a sip of her Mountain Dew and staring at me.

"I-I." I stopped talking. I was too busy admiring it. This. Oh gosh. I needed to get back to Jackson.

"Ready to go back?" Jojo asked, smiling at me as I nodded before she helped me up. We walked in silence back towards the main building before getting into an elevator. "So are you two officially going out?" She asked while leaning back on the wall as I blushed.

"Y-Yes," I whispered as Jojo started laughing.

"You got you a good one." She smiled while patting my back as the elevator doors opened on the right floor. "Now let's go tell your man about the news." She whispered while pulling me out as we hurried down the hall. As we approached his room, I smelled it. She was here.

Quietly pushing the door open, I finally heard her.

"You have until Monday to clean your office out." Olivia laughed as she stood near the bed. "Hello, Mrs. Sampson." She smiled while waving at Jackson's mom who stood up from her chair and walked over to Olivia.

"It's been awhile since I've seen your face. You sure haven't gotten prettier with all that makeup on." She smiled at me, and Olivia gasped. Olivia turned to me before hurrying my way. Before I even noticed what she was doing, she snatched the ultrasound out of my hand and ripped it up.

"It's all your fault, you peasant!" She growled while throwing the ripped pieces of the ultrasound at my face. "If you hadn't come along, Jackson and I would've been married by now!" She shouted as Jojo pulled me back before punching Olivia in the face. Jojo didn't stop there. She continued hitting her until she was out cold.

"It's okay, Scarlett." Jackson's mom whispered while hugging me as I just stood there before looking over at Jojo who was now cleaning off her hands.

"I'm all right, ma'am. Just surprised." I mumbled while looking down at her since she was still hugging me.

"Surprised about what?" She asked while getting me a seat as I sat down.

"That you said that about her," I whispered while pointing down at Olivia's unconscious body.

"Well, I never liked her. I could tell what she wanted, and it wasn't romance and the love that comes with it. She was all about money, but you. You love my son. You've been through all of his bullshit, and you're still willing to stay with him." She smiled as I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up. "Now when we get home, I'll show you some of his baby pictures." She whispered as he groaned.

"No mom!" He groaned while trying to sit up but failed horribly.

"Stop it, hun. Let mommy help you." She cooed while rushing to his side before helping him sit up as he grunted.

"I'm not a baby." He grumbled as his mother hurried back over to me, apparently ignoring her son.

"So how is our baby?" She asked while Jojo handed me my bottled water before smiling.

"They're all right." I smiled while nervously playing with my hair.

"They're?" His mother asked as her eyes lit up.

"We're having twins?" Jackson asked as I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yes. A boy and a girl."