Chapter 23

Chapter 23

.

.

.

.

.

.

Later That Night~

Sighing, I laid on the sofa staring at my new engagement ring as Jackson quickly hurried about to finish packing. Smiling contently, I stood up from my seat and walked over to him as he was searching everywhere for something.

"Here you go, hun," I whispered while handing him his cellphone and his pager.

"Thank you." He quickly nodded before grabbing my face and kissing me passionately as I kissed back, not wanting to let him go. "I know, I'll miss you." He whispered after we pulled away, breathing heavily.

"I'll miss you too," I whispered back while taking one last kiss as he smiled and hurried towards the door with his luggage. Just as he had opened the door, Jasper and Anna fell onto the dark wooden floor.

"Damn nosy people," Jackson grunted as his mother and two other women appeared before him. One of them looked exactly like Jackson's father with the beautiful creme skin and beautiful maroon eyes. The other one looked like she and Jackson's mom could be twins. I guess they were his grandmothers.

"Time to party!!" His mother cheered while holding up the large bottles of wine. She and the other two women pushed past him before hurrying into the large loft.

"This is our new addition?" The one who looked exactly like Jackson's mother, asked as I smiled at them while nervously playing with my ring.

"Yes. Mom, Susie, this is our baby's fiancée, Scarlett Cammington. Scarlett, this woman here is my mother, Elizabeth Anderson. And this is my husband's mother, Susie Sampson." She introduced as I nodded.

"She's beautiful!! Oh! Did you request some juice?" Susie asked with a lovely accent as I just stood there for a second.

"Oh, umm...yes," I whispered as she smiled and picked up her cell phone before calling somebody. Before I could move from my spot, my sisters came walking in as Susie walked out with grocery bags in their hands.

"Oh, we'll just go put these in the kitchen." Ruby smiled while she and Jojo disappeared behind the doorway that led to the dining room and into the kitchen.

"Behave yourselves ladies and Jasper. I'll see you in two weeks, love." Jackson smiled while hurrying over to me to snatch one last kiss before running out the door.

"Be careful!!" I quickly hollered as he replied back with, "I LOVE YOU!!" Smiling, I closed the doors and turned to the ladies and Jasper, who sat on my couch turning up a wineglass full of alcohol which I'm assuming is Vodka.

"That stings a little." He whispered while turning to us and smiling. "Now since the party pooper is gone, let's celebrate!!" He cheered while holding up his wineglass as everybody, except for Anna and me, hurried over to him before Jojo came back out of the kitchen with some wine glasses.

"Let's get drunk!!" She cheered as Ruby came and stood next to me with a green apple in her hand.

"Are you going to get drunk too?" I asked while looking over at her as she laughed.

"Nah. My boyfriend doesn't want me to hurt myself, plus, I wanna see how these ladies act when they're drunk." She whispered while laughing quietly before the doorbell went off. Pulling my eyes from the four bodies on the large sofa, I hurried to the door before pulling it open.

"Delivery for Miss Scarlett Cammington." The man smiled with a USP uniform on and a clipboard in hand.

"Uh...okay." I nodded while signing and stepping aside as four other people came pushing large boxes that came up to my waist.

"Thank you for your service ma'am. Have a good day." The man smiled while walking out as the other people continued pushing more boxes into the living room. As the man drove in the last box, I stepped back and counted. In all, there were about twenty-five large boxes with three smaller ones near.

"Oi! They're here!" Susie smiled while clapping her hands excitedly as she hurried over to me.

"What's inside of them?" I asked as she turned to me and smiled.

"Oh, just some supplies." She whispered while smiling as I just stared at the boxes suspiciously. "Open them." She added while handing me an open pocket knife as I quietly slipped it between the tape before slowly easing it up until the box was accessible. Putting the pocket knife down, I gently ran my finger along the folds of the cardboard box before pulling it open. "Do you like them?" She asked as I stared down at the beautiful silk clothing. The box was full of nothing but very colorful dresses that were made of a variety of materials.

"Like it? I love them!" I shouted while rushing to open another box that was full of nothing but different types of electronic devices like a few multicolored laptops, a few tablets, and some other cool looking things.

"Ladies, these gifts are also yours." She smiled while turning to Ruby and Jojo who perked up at the word gift.

"Skittles? Do you have some??" Jojo asked while quickly ripping open some more boxes as Susie stood back smiling.

"Of course, I love them and thought that you girls would like some, so I bought a lot of them." She laughed as Jojo ripped open another box just in time. Skittles came pouring out like a waterfall as she took a few handfuls and stuffed them into her mouth. "Welcome to the family girls." She smiled as Ruby opened a box and pulled out some personalized electronics that had her name engraved on them.

"Oh, my Jesus." She whispered while inspecting out her new laptop as I just shook my head and smiled.

At least they were all getting along.

10/15/16

Slightly Edited