Chapter 15

Chapter 15
.

.

.

.

.
"Ma'am, calm down." The police officer sternly spoke while holding back Ruby who was fighting to get pass the two female police officers.

"No! That's my sister! I live here!" She shouted as the paramedics loaded Jackson into the ambulance as I turned my attention to Jovonni who stood with her back to Ruby while she shoved her hands into the front pocket of her denim jeans.

"Meet me at the hospital." I told Jojo as she nodded while hurrying off to Ruby before they arrested her for assaulting an officer. After I made sure that I saw her remove Ruby away from the police officers, I hurried after the paramedics as they helped me into the ambulance before speeding off with the sirens on full blast.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking down at Jackson as one of the paramedics assisted to his wounds.

"Yeah, I'm just glad that you and the baby are okay." He smiled, gently grasping my hand as I smiled.

"You're too brave." I whispered, the tears that I held back now flowing down my cheeks freely.

"I'm okay now, why are you crying?" He asked, gently rubbing away my tears.

"Because I finally realized that I love you."

"It's okay, love. I'll treasure you." He whispered, slowly laying his head back on the pillow.

[~~~]

Jackson's POV

"Who did you shoot?" A familiar voice questioned as some shuffling rung through the quiet room.

"Some guy with the name Randall. He didn't look like he worked for Andrew." The tough voice of that woman who set my car on fire stated as I bet the police and paramedics are in on whatever she has going on. I bet she has this whole town rigged.

"So who else would hire somebody to trash our house then try to kill you?" The first voice questioned as I pulled myself away from my thoughts on that girl that Scarlett told me whose name was Jojo.

"Olivia." Two girls spoke in unison as I slowly opened my eyes before being pulled into a hug and kissed on the lips by a very familiar woman. The roundness of her stomach had brushed the back of my hand as I laid still.

"Who's Olivia?" Somebody asked as my vision cleared.

"You're awake!" Scarlett exclaimed, pulling back from me as I smiled at her. She was still okay and as beautiful as I last remembered.

"Where am I?" I questioned while looking around at the unfamiliar scenery. The walls were a bleak eggshell color as the contrasting brown curtains were pulled back over the large windows.

"The local hospital." She whispered as her face fell a little. "But the good thing is, you'll be able to leave next week after they make sure your stitches will be okay." She smiled, quickly replacing her expression.

"Don't make that face anymore. It breaks my heart." I whispered, gently caressing her cheek.

"Awww! You two are so cute!!" The familiar voice squealed while hurrying into the room. She hurried to the free side of the bed before looking from me to Scarlett. Her long curly brown hair dipped down as she looked down at me with her ocean blue eyes while a smile made its way across her face. "Oh my gosh! She's even more gorgeous in person! Hello, darling!" She greeted while smiling at Scarlett, who look down at me for a second before furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"Umm...hello."

"I'm Kori Sampson. I'm his mother." She smiled, noticing that Scarlett was probably getting mad. As my mom said that, Scarlett smiled, one of her most gorgeous smiles, before nodding.

"Oh! Hello ma'am! I'm Scarlett." She introduced as my mom shook her head.

"No no. You can call me, mom." She smiled while hurrying around the bed before hugging Scarlett. "Now, you got lucky this time." She smiled, looking back at me.

"What do you mean?" I questioned while staring at her confused.

"You got you a good one this time. Thank god! I thought I was going to have to kill Olivia!" She exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air dramatically.

"Wait. You don't like Olivia?" Scarlett asked, looking at her in shock.

"Darling, I hate her with a passion."

"You do know she might have been the one who did this to our baby." Scarlett whispered, gesturing towards me as my mom's face darkened.

"I'm going to kill that bi-" She stopped and looked at Scarlett before smiling. "Oh! You all should come live with us! It'd be safer and you all wouldn't have to worry about any trouble." She smiled, looking from Scarlett to her sisters.

"Aww thank you ma'am but I'm going to go live with my boyfriend." Ruby smiled, looking over at Scarlett.

"Sorry, I live out of town." Jojo shrugged as my mom turned to Scarlett who still smiled.

"Umm.." She looked down at me.

9/9/16

Partially Edited