21: Wait for you

"You live your life with a sense of guilt. You have to do something good. You have to earn the right to be here."
~Thomas

I open my eyes and I'm in a comfortable king-size bed and my eyes scan the room that I'm in Anna's room. I sigh and sit up on the bed. I barely did anything before falling asleep last night. I was too exhausted to even think about everything that took place at the dinner or the little talk I had with Eli. Maybe I shouldn't have said a thing about Keffi because even he was oblivious to how she felt about him until I blurted it out last night. As far as I know, Eli's heart and commitment to the wedding is what Anna told me to keep them constant, even if she might not make him happy at the end of the day.

He seems happy with the idea of her though.

After putting on my shower cap, I make my way into the bathroom and after a quick debate about whether or not to use the bathtub or the shower, I decide to go with the shower and I move closer and turn on the shower. The warm water descends on my skin and I cannot help the moan that escapes my mouth at the touch of the water against my skin. I finish up quickly and wrap the towel around my body before stepping out of the bathroom.

I see Nneka in the room standing beside the bed and waiting for me, my brows pull together and I glance at her a little, wondering what she's doing in my room.

"Good morning, Ms Wilson," she greets as I make my way to the wardrobe and open it.

"Good morning, Nneka," I respond, my hand tightly gripping my towel as I sort through the wardrobe looking for a suitable outfit for the day.

I finally find a red gown that doesn't seem to be either too short or too tight and I pick it out.

"Breakfast is ready," she announces before adding, "Mr Wilson is waiting."

My head whip around to look at her so fast that for a moment, I thought it fell off my neck.

"Why is Mr Wilson at the table instead of being at work?" I said the last part of the question to myself though and I await her answer.

He did agree to cut down his working hours, to be around more and I completely understand, but knowing how much he loves work, choosing to stay at home was not part of what he would normally do and neither did he tell me about that plan yesterday.

She looks almost as clueless as I am, "I don't know, Ms Wilson, he just came downstairs in casual clothes instead of a suit and sat at the dining table waiting for breakfast." she explains to the best of her knowledge.

I straighten up and turn back around, not wanting to show off any much-confused emotions than I already have. Should I go or stay indoors and pretend I'm working? We've gotten well along with each other and he has put in a lot of effort being and I see and appreciate them, but some of his efforts are pulling me into awkward situations! I trained for just-in-case situations but having breakfast with him wasn't one of them.

What will Anna do at this moment?

Well, one thing is certain, she wouldn't be a nervous wreck about her fiancé wanting to stay home and have breakfast the way you're being.

She'll handle it like the boss that she is.

"Alright then, if he asks, tell him I'll be down once I finish."

"Okay," she nods obediently before stepping out of the room.

I purposely decide to use the next hour in getting myself ready. Usually, I am the type that does not spend much time in the bedroom dressing up and that's not going to change anytime soon, but today, I slowdown in my dressing up process, from the wearing of my clothes to the application of my make-up.