17: Unable to say no

"I’m waiting for the day when you’ll tell me that you’re thinking about me all the time."
~Anonymous

Hassan opens the door for me and I step out to see Gabriel already waiting and he offers me his hand which I take and he leads me towards the massive building where the dinner is taking place. There are a few paparazzi taking pictures and as soon as they see us, their cameras begin to flash in our face, but Gabriel does his best to cover me up as we make our way in.

I see the name Aiden group and I remember Eli calling this name a few times in the last few days. Anna has never been here and so from the few things I've learnt from Eli, I can say I know a few things about the company but I don't understand the name Aiden.

"Who's Aiden?" I asked Gabriel who has been silently leading me into the building with our arms locked in each others'.

His body stills a little before answering, "He was Eli's older brother. He died nine years ago."

Oh wow, I didn't know that, I don't think Anna does either at least not into details since she didn't indicate that in her files. There were a lot of things Anna didn't know about Eli and vice versa.

How are they so clueless about each other and still getting married?

Maybe because she wasn't as nosey as you are.

"I didn't know," I respond after a moment of silence.

"Eli doesn't talk about him much, he treats it like he never existed," he answers with a shake of his head.

"Oh," I mumble because I don't know what else to say.

"Listen, about what I said in the afternoon, I didn't mean to offend you and I'm sorry if I did."

I clap his shoulder twice in a reassuring manner, "Don't worry about it Gabriel, you're loyal to Eli and you only want to protect him, I would do the same in your shoes."

He gazes down at me but says nothing in response.

I glance around the immense hall we walked into and I am amazed at the whole place and the those present, dressed in dashing and elegant wears and I'm so glad Eli got me these because while I was thinking this was going to be a dinner for science geeks and though that is correct, these men do not look like what I had in mind.

I spot Eli with a group of people having a talk which he seems to be perfectly delivering until his eyes catch me and he stops talking and his eyes glitter with affection, causing a few around him to turn around and see who is responsible for the sudden change in him and their eyes meet me.

Eli excuses himself from them and walks down to me, not bothered to hide the happiness in his eyes and as soon as he got to me, he first greets my lips with his, wrapping his arms around my small waist and pulling me closer. He doesn't seem to care that we are in public and amongst his team members nor that Gabriel is still standing beside me and I don't try to bring that up while he ravishes me either.

He pulls away and I can see the spark of desires in his eyes as he stares at me, "You look beautiful, darling." he compliments, taking me in from head to toe.

I am in a long, neon green gown, with loose sides and a grip to the midsection, I have a black four-inch ankle strap heel which almost brings me to the same height as Eli who's 6 ft 1. With the makeup I had on, everything appeared to be excessive earlier when I put it on at home, but looking around now I know Eli made the right choice in getting me the clothes and he must have liked what he saw on me, hence the compliment.

I open my mouth to say something, anything, but my voice doesn't come out and my cheeks burn in embarrassment. My eyes briefly close and I try not to think how much the kiss has affected me.

I told myself that it wouldn't happen again, I told myself that I wouldn't let him kiss me after what happened on our date but here I am all vulnerable and unable to say no.

Because I liked him kissing me as twisted as that sounds.

I force myself to smile after realising I'd kept Eli waiting for a response and not giving one.

I clear my throat and regain myself, "Thank you, you look amazing yourself."

He was wearing a navy blue three-piece suit and a grey tie, his hair is low and perfectly as well. His grey eyes hidden in the glasses comes out and creates an alluring trance between his tie and his eyes and it makes him enticing.

"Come and meet some of my friends," he offers me his arm and I wrap my gloves covered hands around him.

I am not sure about meeting his group of friends from work because I don't know how it would go but knowing Anna didn't know anyone of them apart from Amade relieves me and set my odds to a better chance.

"Everyone, meet Anna Wilson, my fiancée and soon to be wife," Eli introduces with excitement in his voice that warns me up from the inside out.

I exchange handshakes with the four men standing around us and Eli moved to explain to me the roles each of them played in the success of Sight, but they all shook their head and gave him the bigger credit.

They soon wrap up their discussion and began to spread out to their guest in the room. While Eli takes his time to show me around people in the room and also to other fellow scientists. I have to say I got lost a couple of times in their scientific discovery talks and though they were joke told which cracked all of them up, I couldn't laugh, which thinking about it now is funny.

"How long is the dinner supposed to be?" I ask, raising my brow as we walk through the guest of people.

He raises a brow, "You want to leave already?"

I pause, "How can you tell?" I gasp dramatically.

He giggles and shakes his head, "I knew you are having a hard time understanding what we were saying, I don't think you understood most of the things we were saying back there."

I raise my hand to object, "That's not correct though, I didn't understand a thing you all talked about back there."

He giggles harder, "That's what I thought. But thanks for not getting offended, I asked you to come because everyone is expected to bring someone and I didn't want to be alone."

I squeeze his bicep which I'm holding on to, "I became your fiancée so you wouldn't have to explain 'why' to me. The only thing you will explain is the joke Fajobi cracked back there, it seemed funny and I'll need to know what it is."

He has a goofy smile on his face and couldn't help smiling in return, "But seriously, how long is the dinner?"

"It meant to last till midnight but we will leave before then, I just need to give my speech and Amade will give the closing speech later on but I'll be home then."

"Okay, I was curious."

He pulls his hand from mine and wraps it around my waist, pulling me closer, "Well you know I love your curious nature."

I pout and tilt my head forward, "It gets me into trouble a lot, Mr Wilson."

He leans in to kiss my lips and my eyes closed but before his lips could touch mine we hear, "This is what happens when you decide to occupy your sex life with your work, you'll have libido flying all over the hall." Eli pulls away and we turn to see the dark skin tall man approaching us with a wide smile on his face.

Amade.