13: Almost perfect

"Never love something so much that you can't let go of it."
~Ginni Rometty

Keeping to the promise which I made Eli yesterday, I step out of the house at exactly 6:40 pm, wearing the long silk gown that holds on to me as though their life depended on it and my curves are out and because of the much detail it reveals, I decide to throw on one of Anna's white veil on my shoulder.

The gown was one of the few exceptional outfits on the calendar and Anna chose them for just-in-case events and this dinner date is one of those events.

I advance Eli gracefully-more like gently because the last thing I want is to fall on my face while Eli waits beside the car for me, and carefully watches my every move.

He's wearing a black long sleeve with a pair of black, well-ironed trousers and a pair of black shoes. While his hair is the same as yesterday, his beards appear to be neater. I cannot ignore the adoration in his glittering grey eyes, but I remain composed, just as Anna would be.

"You look beautiful, Anna."

I offer him a small smile, "Thank you and I see you cleaned up your act which is good."

His smile deepens, "Thank you, shall we go?"

I wordlessly nod and he opens the car for me and once I'm inside, he closes it and goes over to enter through the other side while Gabriel and I share brief pleasantries before we drive off.

We are at the Grand square restaurant after a twenty minutes drive and as soon as we take our seats, the waiter in black trousers, a red shirt and black bow tie walks up to meet us, with a big smile on his face.

"Good evening to both of you, may I have your orders please?"

"I'll have pasta and stake, a little bit of spice and a bottle of red wine," I answer with a polite smile.

The waiter quickly jots down the order before turning to Eli to take his orders.

"I'll have the same," Eli politely tells the waiter and he nods and immediately takes his leave.

I raise my brow with curiosity, "Why are you requesting for the same?"

A smile dances on his face as he stares at me, "Well, when we first came here over a year ago, I requested for fried rice with onion rings and bacon and you requested the same thing. Sadly, I never realized it until yesterday that you did that because of me not because you loved it sadly, we only visited one more time before stopping."

I shake my head, "You're crazy."

"I am, after the fight we had I realise a lot of things and you're one of the best things that happened to me and I don't want to lose that and if I can take a little moment to show you how much you mean, then I'll do it."

I laugh a little and I shake my head but not having any words to say anymore. This man can turn words into more than they need to be.

"Mom called me." He said changing the subject and the cheer in me reduces, "she said you talked to her days ago when you saw her."

I steady my breath and try to kill in growing panic. I wish at this moment they would at least bring the wine so I can turn my attention to something other than the man sitting before me.

"Yes, I did." I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

"She said you apologized for the fight you both had and tried to make peace."

I have a feeling that Jumai Wilson might just be as problematic as they come.

"Yes and before you say anything, I didn't mean to not tell you about it, I just thought it went terribly. Your mom is always going to be your mom and I am going to be your wife someday soon. Our union should bring unity not division and I didn't mean to overstep." I find myself rambling over the words and when I'm done I take a deep breath.