44: Because I love you

I haven't gotten any comment in the last 6 chapters, idk what to think. Anyway if you like the chapter do leave a comment.

"If you come from a family where there is no struggle to outshine one another, give thanks to God."
~Michael Bassey Johnson

Quynn's POV

I feel like everything is falling apart before my very eyes and I cannot help pacing around and thinking about what I just did and said back there. I have no idea what in God's name came over me. Jumai has never been a fan of Anna and it wasn't news, but I should have held it together at least for Eli's sake. Now, I succeeded in proving what Jumai have always said about me is true pacing beside the car and when she sees me. I see Eli approaching me and I stops and walks up to him with apologetic eyes.

"I'm sorry I said all that to your mom, I just lost it and I don't make the wisest choices in my moments of anger. Just lately things are not going the way I expected and I'm losing it and I didn't mean for you to see that side of me."

He shakes his head, "It's all good, Anna, and you were right, and I'm sorry if I have been blinded to her scheme for so long."

I shake my head, I do not hope to bring division between Eli and his mother, not when she's right about everything, "No, you're being a good son, I don't want you having a fight or falling out with her because of me."

"Well too late, I did and she's no longer invited to our wedding."

My heart clenches in my chest, "Eli..."

"That's final!" He states in a flat tone, before taking my cold and shivering hands in his, "No one disrespects you and get away with it." He strokes my cheeks before leaning in and kissing my lips.

This is the first time we kissing since we got back from the Wilsons this morning and somehow it calms the raging storm within me and I let my walls down and kiss back.

The next day

"What do you think about this style?" I ask, showing Eli a wedding gown designs in the trendy wedding magazine. It is the simplest amongst the dozens of wedding gowns I've seen so far and I can't take my eyes off it.

He looks over at it from his study desk and smiles warmly, "It's okay, but we both know you don't like simplicity."

I groan and throw myself back on the bed, "Simplicity is so simple and this is elegant." moan with her eyes fluttering.

I feel the bed dip underneath me and as my eyes slowly open I see Eli getting on top of me and spreading his legs to each side of mine, trapping me. I frown and my eyes lock in his and I see a mischievous look on his face, one I've gotten to know for a while now and I bite my lips and I see the flare in his eyes in response to my small action.

"It's your choice though, you were supposed to get your wedding gown months ago, if you did then, you wouldn't be having so much problem now and you would just focus on your bachelorette party today."

My eyes display panic for a brief second and Eli sees it because his brows narrow, "I didn't get it then because there were so many probably like me gaining weight or losing weight and my dress not fitting me well so I believed a day or two to the wedding was the best option." I say the lamest argument I could probably come up with before adding, "I'm sorry, I'm not throwing a bachelorette party, Eli, I'm too tired and anxious to."

"You made plans for it."

I nod, "I also made plans to win your mom over before our wedding, that plan hasn't worked out either."