3) No Trust

Follow Vote Comment

Kung Fu Panda 4. Addison really wanted to watch it. She and Noah grew up watching the series, so when she found out a 4th one had come out while Noah was at college she made a note to watch it with him ASAP. They all knew it was a baby movie, but Noah knew she'd make him watch it eventually so better now than later. Dixie thought it was sweet and she was generally pretty easy going anyway, so it didn't matter to her. It was obvious Nicky would've preferred to watch something else, but she didn't protest very much.

They were 10 minutes into the movie when a character made a joke. Dixie giggled, as it is very easy to make her laugh. Noah glanced at her and smiled. He loved her giggle and it always made him smile. He hears a scoff and turns to see Nicky rolling her eyes and getting up. "Hey where are you going?" he reaches for her hand but she pulls away. "Nowhere, just going out for some air." He knew she was lying and began following her to the door. "Why?" Nicky turns around and sighs. She whispers to him, "You smiled at her" He cocked his head. "What? Who?" "Oh my god don't act dumb Noah!" She slightly raised her voice causing Dixie and Addison to look over. "You guys okay?" Dixie asks. Nicky rolls her eyes at her and walks out the front door.

Noah groans and stomps up the stairs to his bedroom. "Um...movies over?" Addison sighs, "I guess so." She looks so disappointed, Dixie could tell how excited she was to watch this movie with Noah. She felt awful for her. "Uh, I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Addison just nodded and grabbed her phone.

Dixie walks up the stairs and knocks on Noah's door. "Hey, can I come in?" "Sure" She opens the door and sees Noah sulking on his bed. "I knocked this time!" she joked, making Noah smile for a brief moment. "Do you wanna talk about it?" "Not really" Dixie nods, "Ya know-" "Why doesn't she trust me?!" There it is. Dixie looks at Noah, listening intently. "I've never given her any reason to not, she's just jealous!" "Of what?" Noah stays silent. She decides to move on, "You should just talk to her" "Yeah I guess you're right. It's just..." 

Dixie goes and sits on his bed next to him. "What's wrong?" "She's always been like this. She's so jealous and obsessive. I mean she's great, but I feel like there's no trust on her end. I mean how can you have a relationship with no trust?" He turns to her, waiting for advice. "I don't know! I just laughed at an animated Panda's joke, how wise do you think I am?" Noah bursts out in a quiet laugh. "Thanks, I needed that" Dixie smiles gently, "No problem. I'm here all night!" Noah laughs some more. "I'm gonna go talk to her."

Noah turns and hugs her, front on. She breaths in, feeling safe and comforted in his arms. She hadn't hugged him in a while, and this time it felt different, special. She was content and fulfilled. "I came up here to tell you...Addi has really been looking forward to spending time with you. And she was really excited to watch this movie with you." She feels his grin grow on her shoulder. "Tell her I'll be down in 5 minutes" She rubs his back, knowing he'd respond that way. Noah was a very calm and loving brother and person. She loved how much he valued and cared for her. She knew he'd want to make her happy by any means necessary, that's just who he is.

Suddenly the door flings open. It's Nicky. Her soft expression quickly transitions into a fury, when she sees Noah and Dixie hugging. "What are you doing here?!" Dixie quickly jumps up, "Oh uh I was just-"

"Nicky, we need to talk" Noah looks at Dixie, signaling her to leave. She quickly shuffles out of his room and down the stairs. Nicky glares at Dixie as she leaves and shuts the door, "Noah if-"

"I don't think we should see each other anymore."

"What?!" shouted Nicky. He wasn't planning on saying that. He wanted to take Dixie's advice and tell her how he was feeling. But when he saw how rude she was to Dixie, and remembered how she had treated her all day, he was infuriated. He had always felt protective of Dixie and couldn't stand seeing anyone be mean to her. She was a very caring soul, she'd do anything for her friends and would never go out of her way to be rude to anybody, including Nicky. He couldn't say any of the same things for Nicky.

"You like her don't you?!" Noah rolls his eyes and raises his voice, "That's just the problem! You don't trust me!" "How can't you tell, she's trying to break us up!" "Dixie would never do that!" How do you know?!" "I've known her since we were like 6 ok, she's just not that type of person." Nicky looks at him in dismay and he immediately feels guilty. "You lied." Noah stays silent, looking at his feet. "At the airport, why would you lie about it unless you-" I DON"T LIKE HER!"

Dixie and Addison were sitting on the couch, cringing at all the yelling and shouting they heard. They couldn't make out many words but they knew it definitely wasn't going to end well. 

5 minutes later Nicky comes downstairs with her bags. "Nice meeting you Addi." She looks at Dixie for a second before swiftly rolling her suitcase out the door without looking back. I guess that's it. Dixie turned to Addison, she could read all her emotions just by her face. She was sad for Noah but very upset herself knowing this meant they wouldn't get to watch the movie.  

A couple of minutes later the doorbell rings. Addison gets up and walks to the door, opens it, and sighs. She turns to Dixie. "Pizza's here..." She moped over to her wallet and pays for the pizza. She grabs the box of pepperoni pizza and turns around. Noah is standing at the bottom of the stairs looking at her.  "Ready to finish our movie?" 

Her whole face begins to glow, as she excitedly sets down the pizza and turns on the TV. Dixie smiles at Addi then looks to Noah. He winks at her, and she grins. What a good brother

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

I'm trying to build three different dynamics: Dixie and Addi, Noah and Addi, and Dixie and Noah. I hope you can see what I'm trying to portray. lol anyway, they broke up! Get ready for some real Doah content! Share your thoughts, follow me, and don't forget to vote! Also, I'm trying to make each chapter around 1000-1500 words. But let me know if you prefer shorter chapters! (word count- 1179)

Follow Vote Comment