35) Liked By All

Follow Vote Comment

Dixie stood still, her hand still resting on the door. She couldn't bring herself to knock. She had no clue what she was going to say, or what she should say.

As she tried to collect her thoughts the door suddenly swung open. Dixie quickly backed away and saw Blake, standing confused, in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Dixie! Uh, Noah's not here right now." Dixie slowly nodded her head, "Oh that's ok, I'll just come back later." She pivoted before he could say anything else. She started walking away as Blake left in the opposite direction.

She could just call Noah tonight and maybe ask him to dinner, then she'd have more time to think. But she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Noah come around the corner.

He was walking towards her, but his head was down so he didn't see her. She walked closer to him and realized that he was listening to music. So when she called him he didn't look up. She called him again as she got close and still, no acknowledgment.

She made it right in front of him and he saw her feet, finally distracting him and causing him to look up at her. "Oh hey, sorry." "You're good, you should pay more attention when you're walking though." He awkwardly laughed and then asked why she was here.

"Um," She had to think of a way to bring up this conversation, "Have you eaten lunch yet?" He shook his head. "Ok, can we go grab a sandwich or something?" He took out his earbuds and they continued walking back to his dorm. "Yeah sure, let me just put my stuff away."

They drove to a local shop and sat at the bar. They had barely spoken to each other the whole way there. Dixie had been thinking carefully about what she wanted to say,  but she was still struggling.

Noah took a sip of his water and Dixie decided to just start, "You were right." Noah swallowed his water and looked at her, "What do you mean?" "About Nick." Noah's eyes widened, slightly. "He tried to kiss me."

His eyes widened more and he clenched his jaw to try and control his anger. He wasn't angry at Dixie, it wasn't her fault. He was just angry at Nick, even though they weren't friends, it was still wrong of Nick to do that when he was fully aware she was taken.

Dixie continued, "I am so, so sorry. I should have listened to you, and I shouldn't have hung out with him when I knew it made you uncomfortable."

"It's okay-" She cut him off, "No it's not! I was so stupid, and I didn't care that you were upset and-" He grabbed her shoulder and she immediately calmed from her wound-up state at his touch. "It's okay! Clearly, you do care. Cause you're being all, ya know, rambly."

She giggled lightly and he smiled at the sight. "I want you to know I don't care if you have guy friends. I trust you completely." She smiled and he pulled her closer to him. She laid her head on his shoulder and they hugged. "I just want you to be happy."

Dixie smiled, "I just want you to be happy too, and I promise if you get a 'bad vibe' from anybody ever again I will trust your gut and step back." Noah laughed. "Besides, you are the only guy I need in my life."

Noah blushed and they shared a sweet kiss. She placed her head back on his shoulder and he kissed it, while giving her shoulder a tight squeeze. "So are you still gonna be friends with him?"

Dixie sighed, "I guess not. It sucks though, I really liked him." Noah joked, "I cannot believe you would say that! We are so over!"

Dixie playfully hit his arm, "Not like that ya dummy. I mean he was cool. But it's just he was practically the first person I met here. It's okay though, I'm sure I'll make more friends in no time."

"Of course you will! Everybody likes you, Dix!" He spoke sweetly and stared into her eyes, "You're perfect." Dixie blushed, she was so in love. But, still, she couldn't keep herself from responding snarkily. She smirked, "Well, Nick sure seems to think so."

Noah scoffed with a smile creeping on his face, "Too soon babe, too soon."

They laughed and kissed again, then their food came and they dug in, being happy that their argument was finally over. They hated being upset with each other.

---

The ride from the restaurant was far more enjoyable than the ride there. They sang to the radio and Noah rested his hand on her thigh. They talked about their days and made sure to get caught up on everything they missed.

When they got back to Noah's dorm they decided to watch a movie since their next class wasn't for another hour and a half.

They snuggled up in his blankets and held each other tight as they watched the movie. After about half an hour, Dixie was practically falling asleep when Blake came back.

"You guys made up!" Noah nodded eagerly and Dixie just mhmed with her eyes closed and arms still around Noah. Blake chuckled and dropped his book bag on the floor. "Oh! Amelie and I are going on a date tomorrow and we wanted to know if you guys wanted to come too?"

Dixie perked up, "You mean like a double date?" He nodded. Dixie looked to Noah and he could tell she really loved the idea. "We'd love to!" Blake smiled, "Cool! I'll text her!" He headed into the bathroom and Dixie laid back down with Noah.

"That's going to be so fun!" Noah smiled, "Yes it is!"And they went back to snuggling with one another. Back to the good times, the fun college cuddles that they knew would be over before they knew it.

Not like it mattered much. Sure, college would eventually end. But they knew their relationship never would.

---

READ PLS! <3

There are only two chapters left😔 The next chapter is kind of the last chapter.  The 37th chapter has a big time jump, it's not necessary for the story. It's just for those of you who want a bigger ending than just "and then they were happy" anyway that's all I'll say! (word count- 1082)

Follow Vote Comment