29) See You Soon

Follow Vote Comment

October 19th

"Dix, Dix come on you gotta wake up." Dixie opened her eyes to see Addison carefully shaking her awake. She glanced at Noah, they were still wrapped in each other's arms. Dixie just groaned and nuzzled her face back into his neck.

Addison rolled her eyes and continued her packing. They would be leaving in an hour and she realized Dixie probably wasn't going to let go of Noah until the last second she had to.

After a couple more minutes Addison tried again, "Come on Dix you really have to pack and get ready." Dixie frowned, but she knew Addison was right. She slowly tried to pull away from Noah but he just tightened his grip on her waist.

He quietly mumbled, "No, stop." Dixie sadly smiled. "Bub I have to get ready." Noah frowned, his eyes still closed, but loosened his grip on Dixie and she wiggled her way out of his bed.

Dixie quickly got dressed and finished up the last of her packing. She still had about 20 minutes left so she climbed back into Noah's bed and wrapped her limbs around him. They cuddled with their eyes closed but neither of them were asleep anymore.

After a few minutes, Noah groggily spoke, "I'm gonna miss you." Dixie lightly brushed his lips, "I'll miss you more." They held each other in their arms for another moment before getting up.

Noah got ready and they all walked out to the parking lot. They arrived at their rental car and placed their suitcases in the trunk. Addison gave Noah a big hug. "Happy late birthday!" Noah laughed, "You too! I'll see you in a month!" Addison squeezed him one more time and then got in the car to give Dixie a moment.

Dixie threw her arms around Noah and he picked her up slightly off the ground. Dixie yelled into his shoulder and it came out muffled, "I love you!" "I love you too. I'm gonna miss you!" 

Dixie pulled her head away from his shoulder and gave him a long and tender but passionate kiss. They didn't want to pull apart but Dixie knew she had to. Her eyes began to water as she tried to sound out 'Bye' but Noah stopped her. "No Dix. See you soon." She smiled and gave him one final kiss. "See you soon."

She stepped away from him and gave him one last smile as she stepped into the car. She took a calming breath and turned to Addison. "5-hour drive, here we come!" Addison laughed and pulled out of the parking lot.

--------------------

Dixie had been thinking about Berkeley for a week, ever since she got back from the campus. While coming home, she spent the whole drive on her phone researching the school. She hadn't told anybody yet, but she was pretty sure she wanted to transfer.

She was going to talk to Addison about it today. She was more nervous than she should have been. Addison would be supportive, right?

Dixie walked into Addison's room and just stared at her with a nervous smile. Addison laughed at her, "What?" She sat on Addison's bed and decided to just rip off the bandaid. "I want to go to Berkeley."

Addison shrieked, "Oh my god! Really? That's great!" Dixie hopped up and Addison engulfed her in a hug. "But I'd miss you so much!" "I'd miss you too! I'd miss everyone. But you're right, I really think this is a good decision and I shouldn't let that hold me back."