21) Morning Sickness

Follow Vote Comment
(you should be scared by the title😈)

October 9th

"That is such a lie!" Dixie can't stop giggling, "I'm telling you, she really did! She ran in, and slipped right into the dirty bucket!" Noah cackled at the ridiculous story Dixie was telling about Addison. "She must have been so embarrassed!" "Yeah her face didn't go back to its normal color for 3 hours."

They were sharing every last detail about their days just like they had every day for the past 4 weeks. They had become used to it; wake up, go to some classes, text each other, go to more classes, FaceTime each other, go to sleep.

They had been on FaceTime for a few hours at this point and Dixie realized she had finished sharing everything. "Um, that's really all. And I think I'm gonna go to bed." Noah looked at her slightly puzzled, "It's only like 9:00."

Dixie smiled at him, "I know I'm sorry, I've just been kinda tired lately. Must be from all my school work or something." "Okay, I'm sorry Dix. I hope you feel better soon. Love you and miss you so much!" Dixie blew him a kiss, "I miss you too! And love you of course! Bye baby!"

She hung up the call and sighed as she closed her laptop. She didn't understand why she had been so tired recently. She was sleeping plenty and wasn't working much harder than normal. She told herself it was just because she was still getting used to the new adjustment of re-starting college. She laid on her bed and fell asleep almost instantly.

She woke up to the sound of her alarm ringing and groaned. At least it was Friday, meaning she wouldn't have to wake up early the next morning. She started her daily school morning routine by getting in the shower.

After she finished she got out and completed her skincare routine. She put on some concealer and then blush. She preferred doing lighter makeup, it meant she could get up later and she loved that since she was never a morning person.

She opened her mascara and lifted the wand up to her eyelash. But suddenly something stopped her from applying anything, and she felt a heaving in her stomach. She quickly jerked to the toilet and began throwing up.

She was so confused as to what was happening and she couldn't think clearly. Why was she throwing up? Did she eat something? Or not eat enough?

She sat back against the wall and tried to catch her breath. She didn't feel sick, she just felt odd. She tried to stand up but started to feel really dizzy so she had to slowly sit back down. Once she finally felt okay enough to get up, she tried to continue her morning routine.

She tried to pretend like it never happened, but she was sweating and couldn't think straight. She managed to finish getting ready and stumbled her way downstairs.

She saw Charli making some pancakes. "Good morning! I made you some pancakes." "Uh, thanks but I'm not hungry." Charli tilts her head, "But you love pancakes?" Dixie shrugs, "So do you, so more for you I guess right? Uh, I'm gonna go to school. You're riding with dad right?"

Charli nods but then speaks to her worryingly, "Dix you know you're gonna be like 15 minutes early. Just relax for a little and then Dad can take us both." Dixie grabbed her purse and flustered her way through, "No- no really Char it's ok. I- I have to talk to one of my, my teachers." She hurried out the door before Charli could ask her if she was okay, which she clearly wasn't.

As Dixie drove to the campus she started feeling sick. Not in the same way as before, but just from a result of being so confused about the event in the bathroom.

The feeling had come so suddenly and she had no clue as to why it happened. She didn't feel sick anymore so she didn't want to miss her class, especially since she had an important biology test that she wouldn't be allowed to make up.