33) Paranoia

Follow Vote Comment

Dixie had been going to Berkeley for over a week and she had adjusted quite nicely. She has made more friends, from her other classes as well as becoming close with a few of Nick's friends when they all went out once or twice.

She was doing some independent work in class when Nick tapped on her shoulder. She chuckled and turned her attention to him. "My friend is throwing a party tonight, I was wondering if you wanted to come?"

Dixie smiled, "Of course! Can invite a few other people?" "Oh, uh yeah of course! As many as you want, the more the merrier!" "Ok awesome! Just text me the details!"

And with that, they went back to working quietly until the end of class. She packed up all her stuff and happily skipped out the door. By the time she got to her dorm, Nick had already texted her everything she needed and she thanked him before entering her room.

"Hey! How was class?" Dixie put down her bag and turned to Kate, "Great! Actually, Nick invited me to a party and he said I could bring some people. Wanna come?" "Ooh, sure!" Dixie happily sat down on her bed and clicked Noah's contact.

Dixie: Hi bub! Wanna come with me to a party tonight? Blake can come too!
Noah: Ofc! Pick you up at 7:00?
Dixie: Yay! See you then :)

---

"So whose party is it?" Kate and Dixie were adding their finishing touches to their party outfits. Dixie finished putting on her earring, "Um I'm not actually sure. He just said one of his friends." She was cut off by a knock on the door and ran to answer it.

"Hi, Baby!" Noah laughed and gave her a hug, "Someone's in a good mood today!" "Well I had a fantastic day, and now I'm excited to party!" The 4 of them made small talk while the girls finished up and grabbed their bags and then they all headed out the door.

Noah drove them to the party but was slightly confused when he didn't recognize the directions. "So who invited you, Dix?" "Nick!" "Oh ok, so it's his house?" "No it's one of his friends, I don't know who though."

Noah was "looking forward" to meeting Nick. He was the only friend of Dixie that he has yet to meet. Which, truthfully, made him slightly uncomfortable. Not because he was jealous or didn't trust Dixie.

He just knew how amazing DIxie was, and he was always a little paranoid another guy would try to make a move on her. Not like it mattered much, he knew she'd immediately stop them, but it still sucked knowing someone else was trying to get with your girl.

He didn't want to assume that Nick liked Dixie, and he wasn't going to be rude to him. He was just going to make it clear that Dixie was taken, and that Nick would be in the friend zone forever even if he didn't like it.

They made it to the party and walked inside. Nick was hanging by the door and quickly noticed Dixie walk through. He went up and gave her a hug, "Hey Dix! Glad you could come!"

Dix. It felt wrong hearing another guy call her that. Ugh, Stop it, Noah. You're being too obsessive. Dixie can be friends with whoever she wants! Noah's efforts to stop himself from becoming worried were practically useless.

"Hey! Here, meet my friends! This is my roommate Kate," Nick shook her hand and smiled warmly. "This is Blake" He did the same again. "And this is my boyfriend Noah!" Nick put his hand forward, just as he had for the others, but paused after Dixie finished her sentence.

Noah grabbed his hand and shook it, "Hey man!" Nick froze for a split second, and Noah wasn't sure if Dixie noticed. Or if it even really happened, maybe he just imagined it? "Hey. Uh, nice to meet you all."