14) Tsunamis

Follow Vote Comment (Curse Warning)

"I love you!"

Dixie's heart sank into her stomach. What did he say? She wondered if he really meant it or was just used to saying it to others. Her heart began to flutter. What if he did mean it? But the butterflies in her stomach quickly transformed into pits as one thought entered her mind.

Addison. How would Addison feel? She knew she loved Noah, she had for a while. But she also loved Addison, and she couldn't decide who she loved more. She thought she had to make a decision. Distance herself from Noah to keep her best friend, or stay with the love of her life and lose one of the most important people to her.

"Dixie?" She snapped out of her thoughts and realized she had a frown on her face. She turned to Noah barely being able to look him in the eyes. "I mean it." Her chest began to pound. "I love you, Dixie." She looked into his eyes and her heart shattered. She knew what she had to do.

"I... I can't do that to Addison." She turned away from him and stared at her feet. She was breathing so fast she thought she might pass out. She couldn't bring herself to look at him, she knew if she did she'd burst into tears.

Noah just stared at her. How could this be happening? His heart was so full just seconds before, and yet now he felt as if he was going to die from the pain it was bringing him. He turned straight forward and thought for a moment, becoming angry.

"Why does she have anything to do with this?" Dixie took a deep breath, "I can't keep lying to her, and the further we go the more she'll get hurt when I tell her." "What about me?" Dixie looked his way, but not directly into his eyes. "What about how hurt I'll get? You obviously care more about her feelings than mine!" Dixie cuts in, "Noah that's not true!" By this point, they were both standing and visibly on the verge of tears. "Yes, it is! You're standing there breaking my heart to save Addison, why didn't you care before? At the beach, on your birthday? Even just last night you seemed not to care, you were totally leading me on!"

Dixie's eyes became so watery she had to wipe them to see, "I wasn't leading you on, I still feel the same way about you I just-" "What way?" She looked at him perplexed, "What?" "How do you feel about me?" Dixie fixates her eyes on the ground, "I need to talk to Addison." Noah walks up to her, and she's now looking at his feet touching hers. He spoke softly, "That has nothing to do with my question," He lifted her chin to meet his eyes. "How do you feel about me?"

"Do you love me?" Dixie darted her eyes everywhere she could to avoid looking at Noah. Noah could tell she was trying not to say it. At this point, he could tell she did but didn't want to admit it. "Look me in the eyes, and tell me you don't love me."

Dixie slowly rose her eyes to meet his. She looked straight into his dark brown eyes, she couldn't lie to him. They stood there for a moment, their chests touching with Noah holding her chin.

Suddenly, the door swung open and Addison began screaming, "YOU'RE DATING?!" They snap to the doorway of a fuming Addison and an apologetic Charli. "WHAT THE HELL DIXIE!" Dixie's heart began racing faster than before, "What?" was all she could mutter. "Charli just told me everything! How could you guys do this?!"

Dixie turned to Charli who was hiding behind Addison. "CHARLI!" "I'm sorry Dixie! I thought she knew!" "It's not her fault Dixie! Why didn't you tell me!"Dixie tries to calm her down, "We didn't know how!" "Dixie you had over a month and you kept this from me!" "Addi just let me explai-" "Explain what! I'm supposed to be your best friend Dixie-" "You are my best friend!" "A best friend wouldn't fuck my brother behind my back!"

They were all taken aback by what she said. Charli grabbed Addi's shoulder, "Adds come on, we don't even know how serious it is." Addison spun back around and crossed her arms, she was furious as she stared down the two of them. "Well have you?" Addison and Dixie stared at each other as Noah looked to see what Dixie would say. She just looked down with a guilty look on her face. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" I can't believe you'd be the one to do this. No one knows what I go through with Noah more than you." Dixie finally looked back up at her, "Adds, I'm sorry we didn't tell you, But everything you said, I'm not going to stop talking to you just because we're dating!" "Until you fall in love and don't have time for anyone else!" Noah snapped his head up to Addison and she met his eyes. "Oh god." She stared straight at Dixie, inches away from her face. "Are you in love with him?"

"No." Dixie said it with a false sense of certainty. She knew she had to convince Addison she didn't, it was bad enough she knew they had slept together. She was hoping they could take it one step at a time. She wanted Addison to come to terms with them dating before she knew how she really felt.

Addison's expression slightly eased. Noah mumbled, "Unbe-fucking-lievable" loud enough that they all heard. He leaned against the wall and angrily rubbed his eyes. Dixie couldn't face him, and instead tried to redirect her emotions, "How could you tell her Charli!" She stands up to Dixie, "I thought you already had! You have no right to be mad at me! You're the one who didn't tell us!" "Cause I knew you'd react like this!" Addison yelled at Dixie, "THEN YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE KISSED MY BROTHER" "Well, technically he kissed me!" Noah kicked off the wall, "Are you kidding me, Dixie?!" Dixie looked at him and almost burst into tears, "I don't know what to do! No matter what I say someone's gonna be mad!" Noah walks up to her, "Then just tell them the truth!"

The front door swung open and their parents walked in. "We told you kids to be in bed!" They were laughing but stopped when they looked more closely into the living room. Dixie just stared at them crying, Addison was fuming, Noah looked exhausted, and Charli was rolling her eyes.

"What happened?" They all just looked at one another. Dixie looked at Addison and prayed she wouldn't say anything. They all stayed silent. "Someone tell us what's happening and why you guys aren't asleep." Addison quickly answered before anyone else could, "Oh no reason, Dixie and Noah have just been lying straight to you're faces and you're buying it." She stomped into her room and slammed the door. The parents all turned to Noah and Dixie expectingly. They looked at each other, then at Charli.

Charli thought for a second about how she wanted to respond. "It's no big deal, they've just been secretly fucking since July. But whatever, who cares right?" She runs into her room looking oddly proud of herself.

Dixie's mouth drops and she grabs her face. Noah looks at his parents with wide eyes and then storms into his room yelling "FUCK YOU CHARLI!" They hear Charli shout back, "ACTUALLY NOAH, YOU FUCKED DIXIE!" Dixie just stood there staring at her parents, mouth wide open with tears running down her cheeks. She didn't know where to go. There were only 3 rooms, and there was someone mad at her in every one of them.

Her mom walked up to her, "Dixie? What just happened?" Dixie couldn't hold it in. She almost felt another panic attack coming and prayed she'd calm down. She collapsed in her mother's arms and balled, "I've ruined everything."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

get the title... cause they're in Hawaii... by the ocean... and everything is a disaster... also side note lmao I made Charli really savage oop- (word count- 1391)

Follow Vote Comment