28) An Apology

Follow Vote Comment

"Did you see the look on her face?!" Dixie laughed at how happy Addison was. "You totally put her in her place." Dixie joined in, "Won't have nobody messing with my man!" Addison whooped, "Yes queen!" They shared a laugh and went back to getting ready.

Dixie was curling her hair while Addison finished up her makeup. "So tell me more about you and Bryce!" Dixie listened as Addison gushed about the night she and Bryce had. They continued getting ready and Addison brings up how happy Dixie has been.

"You're totally in your element here!" Dixie blushed, "I'm just happy to be with Noah again." "Well, I'm sure that's part of it. But are you really trying to tell me you didn't love exploring today?" Dixie became shy, "It is a great school, but it doesn't matter! It's not like I could ever come here!"

Addison nudged Dixie with her arm, "Why not? The only thing keeping you is me and your family." Dixie went back to finishing a final curl on her head, "Exactly. I can't leave you guys." Addison decided to drop the conversation after giving one final thought, "It's okay to be selfish for once Dix, don't let us hold you back."

Dixie thought about what Addison had said. She did really like it here, she had only been there for a day but she already felt like she was really going to college. Back home it was just classes, but here she was in college. She got to experience what college life was like outside of the classroom.

She didn't linger on the topic any longer and left the bathroom with Addison to grab her purse. Noah watched Dixie walked all around the room gathering her things. He had missed her so much, he had soaked in every moment they had since she came but it still wasn't enough. This would be the last night they'd have together for another month and he knew he was going to miss her so much.

Dixie, Noah, Addison, and Blake all left the dorm and took Noah's car to the Fraternity house Tayler lived at. Walking up to the steps they could hear the music and shouting, and before they went in Noah gave the girls a warning. "Please stay close to me or one of the boys. Frat houses aren't the safest place for girls..." They nodded and slowly approached the huge double doors.

They swing open to a huge living room with chandeliers and a grand staircase in the corner. The whole place was crowded full of people and the girls followed the guys, who led them to Tayler and some of their other friends.

They all start partying and after a few hours, Dixie decided she'd get a drink. She knew she might have to be the one driving everyone home since the others were 21 and might drink, so she decided against having any alcohol.

She was filling up her cup with some water when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She immediately knew it wasn't Noah, so she swiftly flung around and took a tiny step back toward the table.

She was terrified by the sight in front of her. There stood Griffin looking...sad? He took his hand off her shoulder and timidly apologized for scaring her. Dixie just nodded awkwardly. Her eyes darted around the room but she couldn't see anyone she knew.

"Look, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what I did to you." Dixie snapped her eyes back to Griffin and tilted her head. "Really?" Griffin slowly nodded, "Yeah. I did some reflecting and, I just really, I shouldn't have pushed you when you said no. I want you to know, I didn't, I wasn't going to...ya know..."

"Rape me?" Dixie said flatly, clearly unimpressed by Griffin's apology. He cleared his throat and scratched his neck. "Uh right. I wouldn't do that..." He took a deep breath and looked at Dixie apologetically, "I just assumed you were playing hard to get or something and, and I'm sorry I did that. You don't have to forgive me I just want you to know I'm sorry."

Dixie studied Griffin, and she believed him. He did seem sorry, and there was little harm in trying to make amends. "Thank you for apologizing." She gave him a smile and he loosened his stance a bit. He smiled at him and Dixie fiddled her feet on the ground.

Griffin just awkwardly walked away and Dixie looked up to see Blake. She sighed in relief and quickly scampered to him. She talked to him and was glad she felt so safe around him.

An hour later Dixie was talking with Addison when Noah snuck up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, planting a soft kiss on her shoulder. Addison finished her story and then walked away, so Dixie spun around and put her arms around Noah's neck.

"How have you been?" Dixie looked around cautiously, "I've been good." Noah sensed something was up, "What happened?" Dixie looked him in the eyes, "Uh, Griffin... just apologized to me." She shrugged and saw Noah's face become shocked.

"Did- Did you believe him?" Dixie slowly nodded, "Yeah, ya know what I did." Noah gave Dixie a tight squeeze and she smiled. "I love you." Noah kissed her forehead, "I love you too."

"You wanna go back to my dorm? We can watch a movie or something before Addison gets back." Dixie turned her head and found Addison blushing at something Bryce was whispering to her. She rolled her eyes and laughed.

She turned back to Noah and smiled, "Let's go!"

They hadn't had dinner yet, so Noah drove them to a fast food place and they ate in the parking lot. They talked like they would on a regular date, they hadn't really had the chance to speak one on one since she's been here.

After they finished their food Noah drove back to the dorm, keeping one hand on the wheel and the other on Dixie's thigh.

Once they got there they snuggled up in bed and watched a movie on Noah's laptop. With only a few minutes left in the movie, Noah looked down to see Dixie sleeping soundly on his chest with her arms wrapped around him.

He carefully readjusted and wrapped his arms around her tiny body. He softly whispered into her ear "Goodnight bub. I love you." He stared at the beautiful girl in front of him, hearing her quiet snores. And after a few seconds of cuddling, he fell asleep with the love of his life in his arms. What a great way to end the day.

------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

I'd like to take this time to thank you all for reading this story. Also, check out my other books ok thanks bye. (word count- 1156)

Follow Vote Comment