37) Fulfilling Promises

Epilogue / Final Chapter
read the author's note & my other doah books

June 13th, 2 years and 5 months later

Hundreds of blue hats filled the sky as the Berkeley seniors threw their graduation caps in the sky. Noah turned to kiss Dixie and she jumped into his arms returning the affection. "We did it!" Dixie screamed through the cheers of her other classmates.

They enjoyed their moment together, reminiscing on all of their College memories and looking forward to the new ones they'd soon make. They had both decided they were going to move back home and live in an apartment together.

They met back up with their families who congratulated the two of them on finishing 4 years of college, and they all went out for lunch to celebrate.

Afterward, Dixie and Noah headed back to their dorm rooms to finish up some last-minute packing and the rest of their family members went back to their hotel. They agreed to meet back at the airport before the hour was up, so they'd catch their (last ever) flight back home in time.

First they went to Dixie's dorms and grabbed her suitcases, and they brought them to Noah's room. Dixie was double-checking everything and making sure they were completely ready, as Noah finished packing his toiletries in the bathroom.

"I'm gonna get a sweatshirt out of your suitcase okay?" Noah stepped out of the bathroom, "No!" She stopped and looked at him puzzled, "What?" "No I mean, just take this one." He took off the sweatshirt he was wearing and handed it to Dixie, who quickly put it on.

He went back to packing his toiletries and Dixie rolled their suitcases out into the hall. After she left Noah sighed and took a moment to calm himself. He knew he was probably going to get cold on the plane, but he just couldn't risk having Dixie go through his suitcase.

He finished his packing and met Dixie in the hall. They both made their way to the car and drove to the airport, meeting their families there. They got on their flight and Dixie was thankful Noah was there with her. She snuggled up to him and fell asleep before the plane even took off.

Noah loved that she was no longer afraid of planes, no longer too worried to fall asleep and that she felt so safe around him. They had been dating for just under 3 years and they had been the best years of his life.

Soon, the plane landed in LA and they all got off. As they walked out of the airport, Noah and Dixie couldn't help but smile and reminisce on the memories it brought back. Both sad ones from having to leave one another, and happy ones from being reunited.

And of course, the summer he came back and they started their relationship. That was undoubtedly the best memory the airport brought back.

---

Dixie, Addison, Charli, and Noah were all relaxing on the couch and catching up when Noah got a phone call. "Oh," he turned to Dixie, "It's our realtor." Dixie nodded and went back to talking with Addison as Noah went into another room.

"Hey! I'm just calling to confirm, you guys are coming in on Saturday right?" Dixie and Noah had an appointment to look at some apartments in a few days. "Yep! That's perfect!" "Great! And by then you guys will be..." Noah sucked in his breath, "Hopefully, if she says yes." "She's going to say yes, Mr. beck."

They said their goodbyes and he hung up. He turned and stared at the suitcases in the corner of the room. He figured this would be safer, so he opened the suitcase and removed a small box from the side pouch. He walked over to the closet and found a small, dark spot to hide the box in.