20) Missing You

Follow Vote Comment

September 24th 

It had been over 2 weeks since Noah left for college and they were both missing each other dearly. They talked to each other every chance they could. They'd call each other every day after they finished their classes. It wasn't always the easiest since their classes didn't line up well, but they made time. They talked for at least 2 hours every day and had fallen asleep while on FaceTime 8 times already.

Dixie had been spending most of her time outside of class with Addison and Charli. They all had many long talks about her and Noah's relationship. Charli and Addison took time to take everything in and eventually came around and became completely okay with it.

It was still a little difficult for Addison to see her best friend and her brother so close, but she knew they made each other really happy and that was all that she wanted.

Besides things weren't really that different for her from last year anyway. The only difference was Dixie sometimes wouldn't be able to talk to her because she was FaceTiming Noah instead.

Dixie was trying not to focus on the negatives of Noah being away and instead on the positives. She got to spend more time with Addison, without feeling guilty about keeping something from her and instead being able to just focus on their friendship (something she hadn't been able to do for months).

And she was enjoying the time she got to spend with Noah, even if it was just virtual. They were learning a little more about each other but mostly just talking about their days and joking around with each other. She was always happy while Facetiming with him but almost every time their calls would end she became sad.

The nights were the hardest for Dixie. She spent most of them not being able to sleep and instead thinking about how much she missed Noah. Though sleeping with Claire helped her a lot. She reminded Dixie of him and she was able to calm her in a similar way that Noah could, and sometimes she'd cuddle him and try to imagine it was Noah.

She even spent time by the road where they had their first kiss. It was a small, secluded road so people rarely drove or walked by it. She would sit at the edge wearing one of his sweatshirts and think about the moments they had together.

She shed a few tears, but for the most part, remained hopeful and tried not to cry. She knew they'd see each other again soon, and their long-distance relationship was still going strong. So everything was alright, and there was no need to cry.

Her anxiety wasn't worse than it was before Noah left, but it certainly wasn't any better. She hadn't had a panic attack but that didn't really mean anything since they were so random anyway. But she could feel as though her thoughts of Noah were helping.

She'd look down at the ring on her finger and it'd immediately bring her joy. She hadn't taken it off other than to shower, and she wasn't planning on changing that. The ring was just like Claire, it helped calm her and remind her of Noah. And Noah was the one person who could always keep her calm, happy, and safe.

She missed Noah a lot, but she was okay with everything. They loved each other.  Their relationship was really strong, and trust was never an issue for either of them. So, truthfully, Dixie was doing alright for now. But she couldn't wait to finally see her man again.

--------------------

Noah was missing Dixie just as much if not more than she missed him. Dixie had Addison and her other friends to distract her and she was easily able to go back to how her life was before she was with Noah. But he on the other hand didn't have his usual distraction since soccer tryouts weren't for another week.

So the time he'd spend thinking about or playing soccer was now spent missing the love of his life. Of course, he did have some distractions and other ways to spend his time.

His closest friends were Blake and Bryce, both of whom he'd met from soccer, so they were all hanging out fairly often. He has been best friends with Blake since the beginning of freshman year, and Bryce. Well, Bryce could sort of be considered Griffin's replacement.

Noah hadn't spoken to Griffin since their bad encounter at the beach. Noah knew that just seeing his face would set him off.

His face would remind him of how broken and hurt Dixie was, he'd be reminded of how much he trusted Griffin just for him to go and hurt the most amazing girl on the planet. He'd be reminded that the pain Dixie went through was his fault, that he had put her in that position, and he'd never forgive himself for that.

But he knew he'd have to face him soon enough because they'd both be trying out for the soccer team and were most likely both going to make it. Noah was one of the best players, while Griffin was on the team last year and the coach rarely cut any of the boys unless they had gotten significantly worse. And going off of Griffin's change in appearance, he had most likely been working out a lot and practicing hard.

He could possibly even be threatening to Noah's placement, which was worrisome because he wanted to be captain. Noah wanted to be the soccer team captain last year, but freshmen weren't allowed. So he had been waiting and praying for the coach to make him captain this year since the spot was open.

He had it under control, though, he told himself. If he found himself getting angry, anxious, or just unpleasant in any way for any reason, he'd look at his ring. 'You have me' Dixie wouldn't want him to get into trouble. She was able to calm him, even if she wasn't physically there. He found himself fiddling with the ring pretty often.

He had also been hit on a few times. He was a pretty popular guy on campus, and most of the girls thought he was single considering they knew him and Nicky had broken up. Once they found out he had a girlfriend back at home, most of them would back off.

But he did get the attention of a few girls who practically refused to stop flirting. But of course, not once did he flirt back or try to hide the fact he was in a committed relationship.

He loves Dixie, and the more girls that flirt with him the more he falls in love with her. They made him realize she was the only one he wanted for the rest of his life. Just as he had promised to her, he wanted her in his life forever and always.

It was really hard for him not to think about her, especially when he hated school so much. He would doze off during his classes and think about her and soccer, the only things ever on his mind. So without soccer practice to keep him pushing through the school day, the only thing keeping him happy was remembering that he'd soon get to talk with Dixie. 

------------------------------

hey bubs! <3

okay, I'ma be honest I feel like this chapter kind of sucks lol. Like it's good but I feel like it's just not as good as my other ones. Idk lol let me know if you like it (word count- 1285)

Follow Vote Comment