Chapter 21

"How do you know?" I asked and she gave me a small smile.

"I have my ways..." she shrugged.

"I'm one of you. I wasn't sure if you were her but as soon as I heard your real name I knew." She folder her arms.

"Knew what?" I questioned.

"Your a descendent from the Knight family." She stated.

"I'm not understanding." I folded my arms as she sighed.

"I'm a friend of your mothers, they are still locked up but they have a few months before they finally get out."

"How do we know your telling the truth?"

I wasn't sure if I should believe her just yet. For all I know she could be lying. Why? I don't know yet.

"I can take you to them, they would be so happy to see you. You look just like your mother." She had a sad smile on her face.

Her eyes wasn't as dilated anymore. She says she was a friend of my mothers so I want to see if she's for real.

"Okay, you can take me but we really have to go." I said. "That's fine, text me when your free and I'll schedule a visit from there." We agreed and made our way out the door.

As we got into the truck Sky sucked her teeth. "You really believe her?"

"Part of me is saying I shouldn't but the other part of me is saying I should." I shrugged.

Let's see how this plays out...

•••

The movers were currently placing all my new furniture in the house as I showed them exactly where I wanted things

I watched as they brought things through the front door before rushing upstairs to help guide them.

Since I was running late Sky joined me. She helped me with the little things.

I started to give orders as they got closer to finishing my room.

"Can you sit that right here... nope right there please." I showed the chocolate buff man where to sit my King size bed at.

The other light skin dude sat the matching grey dresser near the bottom of the bed until the handyman mounted my 30 inch flat screen tv onto my accent wall.

My accent wall was a bit darker than the other walls in the room. Grey glitter covered it, finishing off my room.

I didn't make all the walls glittery because I thought that would be too childish so I just added the glitter to one wall instead.

"Thank you." I told the other handyman as he finished swapping out the chandelier in my room as well.

"No problem, have a nice day." He waved and grabbed his tools to head out since I paid him before he got to work.