Chapter 27

Who's here 📍

| Sky | Thursday | 3:21 PM |

I sat in my office going over boring ass paperwork for the boutique while thinking long and hard about my current situation.

I was supposed to see Krown this Monday but instead I kept myself busy and didn't meet up with her.

She was pissed which was expected but I couldn't face her. When I confronted my sister she told me the truth right off he bat. She told me she was interested in Krown without a care in the world.

She even admitted to sexually harassing her, Egypt didn't specifically say she was sexually harassing her but as she described the things she did that's exactly what it came down too.

Egypt told me she would grope on Krown whenever I wasn't paying attention, she told me she would try and go further but each time I would interrupt her in the process.

Egypt has a bipolar disorder and she was labeled as a sex addict. I didn't find this out until this weekend when she cried about it and opened up to me.

Any person would kick her out of their home or even cut them off for doing what she did to their partner but I couldn't.

Finding out that she was struggling made me feel bad, horrible even. I failed both my sister and Krown.

I didn't believe Krown after she brought it up to me twice, I failed to notice that my sister was struggling and needed help but didn't have the money to do so.

I also found out that Egypt was only staying at my place to save up money for some sex addiction treatment center.

She told me she couldn't help herself around Krown or other women at that. She told me it was like an on and off switch, it could be turned on at the most inappropriate times and there was nothing she could do about it.

I promised her I'd help her come up with half of the 8,000 dollars that she needed in order to check herself in at the closest treatment center.

You'd be surprised how much these treatment centers cost, I did some research and tried to call around for a center that was cheaper but they costed more.

The cheapest one happened to be 8,000 dollars and that's not even guaranteeing that she'll be allowed to stay the whole six weeks she'll be there. They're allowed to let patients go if they don't follow the rules which I talked to Egypt about.

She can't fuck up or that's 8,000 dollars down the drain. 

All that on top of the situation with my parents had me stressed out.

My parents had the nerve to send an Imām to my apartment. Not just any Imām but the man who leads at our mosque.

They were disgusted with me and I couldn't help but feel hurt. Knowing they hated me so much drained me, I felt like a robot. It was eat, sleep and work all day for the past few days.

I knew I had to fix shit with Krown. She deserves an apology and I was planning on showing her how sorry I am.

I was getting flown out to New Orleans for a big fashion show. They wanted some of my clothing to be featured in it and I couldn't turn it down.

It was a free trip so why not bring Krown along so it could double as a little baecation? We would only be gone for the weekend— Friday to Sunday morning.

Hopefully she goes with me.

•••
| Krown |

"I really don't want to talk to you." I eyed Sky as she stood in the doorway of my laundry room.