Chapter 8

| Krown | Thursday | 3:42 PM |

"Thank you." The older women took the box of donuts and went on her way.

I had just put a fresh tray of double fudge brownies out as Sky, the manger, helped the only two employees that worked up front.

Working at the bakery was very easy. I got to make a lot of the desserts and experiment. Even though I haven't graduated college yet I had a lot of freedom in the kitchen.

The bakery only had three other bakers, the kitchen was huge, I had tons of room to do as I pleased which I loved. Baking was relaxing to me— cooking in general.

I've been so busy this week that I haven't been able to do much with the girls. I'm not really someone who likes to go out a lot anyways, I'd rather chill at home with King.

I walked into the back to see everyone starting to get everything prepared for the large order of cupcakes we had to do.

We needed to have two hundred chocolate cupcakes and two hundred vanilla cupcakes.

Then we had a baby shower cake and an anniversary cake to finish all before eight o'clock which probably seemed like a lot of time but it really wasn't.

"What do you need us to do?" The head baker looked at me. I was confused because last time I checked she was in charge.

"Me?" I pointed to myself.

"Yup, you've been taking charge this whole week. Your doing a better job with time management so why not?"

I got myself together before planning out everything. Once everything was in order we got to work.

•••

I had just got done decorating the princess Tiana cake for this little girls birthday. My mood was ruined because the other two bakers got the colors wrong.

We had to make a pull apart cake that went with the Tiana cake which meant the colors would have to match right? It would look tacky if the colors were different.

I specially told them to use the same food coloring I used, I even sat it beside them and they picked up a whole different green.