Chapter 6

Just found out that King Von was fatally shot a few hours ago in Atlanta, his friends just confirmed that he had recently passed away. RIP 🕊

Out of respect I changed some of the face claims and names of the guys so you can go back and look at "Meet the characters" if you want to see the changes.

| Krown | Saturday | 8:44 PM |

"I don't know." I held onto King's hand as Star's mother tried to take him into the house with the rest of her grand children.

"I promise you your son will be left in one piece, he's in good hands, go have fun." Mrs. Howell shooed we off as King bolted towards the other six year olds who waited on the porch for him.

"Thank you Mrs. Howell." I thanked her again since she openly took King in for the night with no questions asked.

She didn't even know me yet she was willing to watch him.

"Don't worry about it, you ladies enjoy yourselves and be safe." She walked over to the porch and spoke to the kids.

I couldn't hear nothing she said but by the look on King's face he was excited.

I sighed and turned around but was stopped when his tiny arms wrapped around my waist.

"See you later mommy, love you." I turned around and hugged him.

"See you later bubba, I love you more."

"No I love you more mommy." He said.

"I love you to the moon and back." I felt myself about to tear up for no reason.

"I know mommy, be good." He yelled as he ran back to Mrs. Howell.

"Wait-" I was about to stop him but nope.

"You make me sick, honestly. We get it, stop embarrassing us and tighten the fuck up."

"Girl come on, you'll see him tomorrow morning, we're just going out for a few hours." Star guided me back to the truck.

You would think someone who's been abused for years would be completely broken and antisocial but that wasn't going to be me. I'm not going to ball up in a corner and cry for hours

I actually want to do the opposite, I was excited to go out to the bar for the first time. I was happy to get out of my comfort zone for once and experience new things.

I wasn't going to let what Don did to me hold me back any longer, I want to leave that in the past and walk with my head held high.

"We do have crazy ass men after us but why not go out?" Asia convinced herself we would be okay.

She had her gun with her tucked safely in her purse just in case but my sidekick-

"I'm not your sidekick but continue."

My sidekick hasn't said anything alarming yet so I decided not to worry about it.

"Have you ever had liquor before?" Asia asked. "Nope, never." I said and the girls looked at me sideways.

"You really haven't had liquor before? Like at all?" Gigi asked.

"No." I said.

Asia invited Gigi to join us and she did, I didn't really know any of them but for some reason I felt comfortable around them. It's hard to explain.

"Well you plan on drinking something right?" Star asked.

"I wouldn't have agreed to go." Gigi clapped. "We are going to have some fun."