Chapter 9

Can one of y'all let me know if y'all can read the description of this book? On my phone all I could see is question marks, I just want to make sure I fixed it instead of making it worse.

| Krown | 5:15 PM |

The birthday party seemed to go on forever even though it's been only an hour since we've been here.

I really stayed to myself but the more I talked to Stars cousins the more I got comfortable. Her cousins seemed cool even though their eyes seemed to wonder every few minutes.

It wasn't like I had a big ass and huge breast or anything. I was nothing special so I didn't really get why.

"Hold old You is?" Roddy asked.

"I'm twenty three."

"Oh, you still a kid." Roddy sucked his teeth. "Nigga you not that much older than her, you still a kid." Roddy's younger brother, Trey, chimes in.

"Mommy!" King ran into the living room with two fifty dollar bills in his hand. "Where you get that from?" I asked.

"He gave it to me." He pointed at Dave who walked in holding his daughters hand. "Put it in your pockets so you don't lose it." I helped him fold it up before he slipped it in his pocket.

"Thank you for my gift." The little girl walked up to me with a huge smile on her face. "Your welcome, did you like the outfits I picked out?" I asked as I dug in my purse for five dollars. These little kids will think it's worth more than it really is.

"This mine?" She looked up at me surprised and I nodded. "Thank you!" She gave me a hug and ran off with King.

"I'm surprised he has a daughter, he seems.." She paused, trying to find the right word. "Unapproachable." I blurted out.

"Y'all know I'm right here right?" We looked up to see him standing closer than he was before. He honestly needed to stop doing that.

"This doesn't concern you sir." Asia tried to be smart but clearly he heard us.

"Aye wassup!" In walked in a slinky nigga. "My nigga Key in this bitch!" Roddy stood up and pulled him into a brotherly type hug.

"How was the penitentiary?" Dave asked as if it was something normal to say.

"It was aight." Key shrugged then made eye contact with me. "What the hell you doing here girl? I haven't seen you since-"

"We were little, right."

Once her fully turned towards me I knew who he was, I met him a few times when Don took me along with him to a few of his "business meetings", Don claimed he was about that life but I never really believed him. If Don was really in the streets I wouldn't know though.

Key looked at me with a hint of confusion but by the look on my face he went along with it. "Right, what changed? Something different about you.." He rubbed his hands together and looked me up and down.

"I don't know what it is but you look good. You still with that ugly white nigga?" I sighed.

"No." I simply stated. "He in a coma or something, I heard." He sat beside Dave who kept his eyes on me.

It wasn't like he was glaring at me but it was more like he was interested in what Key was saying. Like he wanted to see my reaction.

"Let me talk to you real quick." Dave motioned for me to follow him. I hesitated but eventually I did.

I closed the screen door and sat on the stairs beside him. It looked like he had a lot on his mind. "When you gone stop playing?" He turned to look at me.