Chapter 5. In Check

Ma'Kai Blood

"I don't get why you were upset with me for telling yo ass the truth." Deuce expressed, not only was I not supposed to be out but he had me at one of the warehouses that he worked at.

I felt a bit uneasy, I was a scaredy cat when I was put at places like these so I was very uncomfortable at the moment. "You just don't understand, they always do that."

Especially since my parents died by a gun.

"Mmhmm, I'll be back and we gon' go get you something to eat Ight?" He assured leaning over and kissing me on the side of my head. "Sexy ass."

where you?

I received a text from Demon, and I was thinking long and hard for a lie to tell him. It couldn't be out to eat, that's literally my excuse every time.

i'm out with Shalyn
she's helping me pick out an
outfit for my birthday.

I don't know if it was me being paranoid, but I felt like someone was watching me. But I get that feeling every time I'm at a trap, or drug building.

It didn't take long for deuce to come back to the car when he did, I guess he could read the look on my face. "My apologies, I'ma get you home."

"Alright."

"You straight? You need any bread? You hungry?" I wasn't the type to turn down money, but Demon had given me quite a lot so I had no use for it.

"No thank you." I smiled at his effort, but in my head I was questioning myself.

What was I doing?

I was being a whore, it was fun.

But it wasn't me.

Something I swore I'd never act like, I'm dealing with two men and it's hard enough even dealing with one of them. "What you thinking about boo?"

"Shalyn, I miss her." I lied, and he shook his head as we neared my apartment building. "I know what you're thinking, you say it every time."

"Leave that broad alone, she's a bad influence as you saw."

i'm seeing you tonight
so pack a bag and
bring your laptop for your
schoolwork.

He was so demanding, and I wasn't going to pretend like I didn't like it. "Who got yo attention huh? If you want me to leave you alone speak up."

"What do you mean? We've been with each other a lot lately."

"Exactly, friends don't do the shit we do so is we dating?"

This was definitely rushed, we've been talking for weeks and I've developed some type of feelings for the kid I'm not gonna lie but I'm afraid.

Afraid of another heartbreak, but Demon just gives off the vibe that he's fucking with me and only me, the money's a plus.

Thing is, I haven't known Demon as long as I've known Deuce. He actually looks out for me, in certain ways.

"I don't need another heartbreak."