Chapter 20. It's Me

Ma'Kai Blood

"Kai they not gon' believe he fell on the knife with the bruises you got, say self defense." Karter instilled and it went in one ear and out the other.

Seeing my two sons cry over something I'd mistakenly done to their dad. "Stop crying and make sure your shit straight Kai stop it." Karter's hard shell started to crack. "Kai, shut the fuck up."

Micah pulled up nearly blinded by the blue and red flashing lights. Not wasting any time he jumped out of his car while Mei was still driving.

"Kai you straight?!"

"Yeah." I wiped my face as he grabbed me looking over my body searching for any marks. The bruises on my neck were horrible.

The bruises were so bad, it was nearly an outline of Demon's hands on my neck. "Fuck he at?" Micah was irate and Karter stopped him.

"Kai stabbed him bru', we gotta come up wit' what he gon' say while they investigate Zay." Karter spoke lowly. "Don't hit him wit' no spoiled, watered-down, baby ass excuse Micah." He spoke sternly. "Give em' the real."

"Kai it depends on the one witness, Zay so we gon' have to wait till they through wit' him." Micah looked over the scene and Mexico had just pulled up with his girl.

"I'll kill you!" Mexico charged towards me and Karter instinctively jabbed him right in the eye before police broke them apart. "Fuck you did to my brother?! Get off me! All he did was fucking love you!" Mexico struggled to get loose and I just stood there letting it all sink in.

I deserved it.

I didn't mean to stab him I just couldn't breathe, I felt like I was passing out, or even leaving. He was squeezing my neck so hard I had no choice but to do something.

I deserved all the backlash I was getting. "Ma'Kai Blood, come with us." They placed me in cuffs and I sighed, this again.

Micah started to get fired up seeing me get cuffed, and he wanted an explanation immediately. "Relax, we're doing some questioning and depending on how it goes he'll be back."

"Kai we on the way—"

"The fuck going on?" Dee frowned in Shalyn's bonnet and some pajamas. "It's always some wit' y'all asses! Can we get a good nights rest?!"

Good question.

______

"Are you telling the truth? Was this premeditated?" The officer questioned, and I was honestly tired of answering his questions over and over. "Let's go upstairs and view Mr. Brewsters body!"

"We know you're lying Mr.Kai." They tried to force something out of me, but I stuck with my answer. Never changed it.

"I'm sorry Officer Stanley, but unfortunately it was self defense and as you can see." I pointed to my bruised neck. "It was self defense."

Another detective came in and folded his arms while looking at them. "The witness says it was self defense, Brewster came in the house drunk and was antsy with his hands."

"What's his condition?"

"Was critical, he's made it through surgery and he's doing just fine now." They responded. "He's not able to talk at the moment."