Chapter 9. Love Running It's Course

Ma'Kai Blood

It was starting to get dark and Demon and I were still not seeing eye to eye. I was mad as shit because we could be having fun right now, but I wasn't putting my pride aside at all.

I was laying on the bed and he sat in a chair that was in the room, on the opposite side. I was getting angrier by the minute, he was just too good at ignoring.

He looked so good over there with his natural mug, I guess he felt me staring so he looked up. Flashing me the cutest smile.

"You done acting out?" He licked over his lips and locked his phone before walking over to me. "Dada tired of bickering." He leaned down kissing me, and I returned it.

"You dead ass pissed me the fuck off." I expressed with a frown. "I missed you." I pecked his lips two more times.

"I'm not kissin' yo ass no more so you can dead that." He replied. "I'm done babying yo ass." He knew just as well as I knew that he was lying. "You wanna go walk on the beach?"

"How far is it?"

"It's right behind us slow ass." He replied and I nodded before grabbing a wife beater and a pair of swim trunks to put them on. "Why you got them trunks out of all trunks?" He questioned taking his off with a frown and putting his sweats back on.

"What's wrong wit' em?" I questioned with a frown, now I felt like he was just picking with me to be childish.

"Yo dick showing and yo ass sitting out Kai, be respectful nigga." He grabbed his jacket. "We can just sit on the balcony tonight, Ion' feel like going down right now for real no way."

"Demon shut up, I'm a nigga nobody finna be looking at my ass." I responded before taking my trunks off, being content with my ethika briefs since we were only going on the balcony. "Come on."

We walked downstairs and out to the balcony, "Getchu' a lil' coat, its cool out there." He spoke tossing me a jacket before we went out.

When we got on the balcony the scenery was beautiful, lights everywhere, you could see the cars maneuvering and could hear the tides clashing from the beach.

It was a bit chilly since the wind was blowing a bit hard. But I couldn't help but think about how he and my brother conversation went.

"How'd you and my brother talk go?" I asked since I never brought it up, and he shrugged before sitting his phone down.

"It was straight, we made it known we'll be cordial just for you." He expressed. "But ion' see myself kickin' it with boul, I did it for you."

"Mhm."

"He did bring up that I should sit down with Micah but I declined, I'm not sitting down wit' that nigga." He shook his head.

"Why though? you said you're tryna leave so expre—"

"Fuck that! it's not about that, I'm not letting no nigga feel like they got one up on me." He responded with a mug. "Nor am I sitting in front of them after he disrespected you, by doing shit that was unnecessary."

He was right though, so I couldn't say anything to try to defend Micah. "All that shit, swinging on you and shit for what? That was so unnecessary, and if I catch Adonis anywhere I'm beating his ass straight up."