Chapter 11. Danger Zone

David 'Demon' Brewster Jr.

"Stop crying Demon, it's not helping you at all you need to focus on finding him." Adri comforted me. "So you think Mexico pops got sumn' to do wit' it?"

"That's who killed Kai's parents."

"Woah, you're telling me you knew who killed his parents all along? And never said anything? Demon c'mon man you gotta be smarter than that." She complained taking a pull from her blunt. "Damn, that's fucked."

"Man I pray don't shit happen to my joint." I expressed. "Adri I swear I love this kid, and we didn't leave off on good terms." I took the blunt from in between her fingers and took a pull. "I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

After finding out he was sneaking and geeking that day from Mexico, I had been dry and distant with Kai ever since.

"I never seen you so invested in a relationship, you sure you ain't y'know." She waved her hand. "Gay gay? or just gay for him."

I gave her a look, and she took the hint. "Okay okay, I can tell you care about him a lot though, you're crying." She teased. "You need to gon' and get up with his folks, pull yourself together D." She encouraged, and she was right.

The sooner we got to Kai, the better.

"Ight dawg, love you." I dapped her up before she snatched me into a big hug.

"I love you too, and this time don't forget to come getcho' bad ass son when you done." She teased with a smile and we shared a laugh.

"I got you sis."

__

"Everybody grumpy, try not to spazz man." Syx peeked his head out the door before opening it and giving me dap. "What up gangsta'."

"Mmhm, I need to get up w yo ass soon." I assured, and he smiled to himself, letting me know he already knew what about.

When I walked in it'd gotten quiet, and a unfamiliar dread head turned his head toward me. "Fuck this niggi' is?" He mugged and I raised a eyebrow.

"That's Kai niggi'." Kasaun spoke. "We saw each other before in Miami." He seemed to not have a problem, and fist bumped me. "Somebody go explain the plan to Adonis, wherever the fuck he is I don't wanna see em'."

It was like on cue, Adonis walked through the door and made sure to send me the meanest look he could give. Not that it bothered me, he and I both knew what was up.

"Before we start, I think I got a idea of who could have em'." I started, and Karter sent me the meanest glare. "Mexico pops had sumn' to do wit' ya' parents, so I figured he could have something to do wit' Kai's disappearance."

They seemed intrigued, but now that I had their attention I needed to say everything on my mind. "Now the only thing that I'd heard about it was y'all's pops owed money and never paid it, probably tryna get it out of y'all."

"Fuck you know all this?" Karter frowned. "Ain't this jit a opp? Fuck is he doing here then?" He expressed bluntly.

"Karter, that's Kai niggi'." Kasaun stated again and held his hand up wanting to hear more. "Obviously he wants Kai safe, just like we do disregard that right na'."