Chapter 17. Put To Rest

Ma'Kai Blood

Today was the day of my mom's funeral and even after all of these years with her missing, I was still in disbelief.

They managed to get my dad's health good enough for him to come, but he could barely walk let Karter tell it. "You good?" Demon came behind me and watched as I struggled to get my chain on. "I got it." He took it and snapped it for me.

"Kai you've been ignoring me, depriving me of kisses and sex for this past week c'mon." He pleaded. "I get I fucked up, but damn man."

I still ignored him, and went to grab my shades from the bed. "You ready?" I asked as I applied my chapstick, and he sighed.

"I guess." He spoke as we walked downstairs. "Dj! Be good for the nanny!" He demanded, and Dj didn't respond because he was so into Teen Titans. "Love you bubba'."

"Love you too!" He screamed back. "Love you other dad!" He yelled out to me, and my heart damn near skipped a beat.

"Love you too buddy." I turned and saw the huge smile Demon held, and turned back around so I wouldn't smile with him.

"Y'all make me so happy." He spoke as we both got into his truck. "I swear y'all do, you don't understand."

"I can't tell." I spoke, so glad that my shades were so dark that he couldn't see that I was staring at his reactions to my attitudes.

I was pissing him off, and I loved it.

He'll get enough of overstepping me.

"When we get out here and youn' hold my hand, I'ma smack the fuck out you in front of yo folks." He threatened. "On my dead brother."

"Okay David."

"Think it's a play." He spoke, driving to the cathedral. "You straight though?" He asked and I nodded, while looking out of the window. "I'm sorry this had to happen to you pa, I swear I am."

"I'ma be straight." I assured, not wanting to go into detail with my feelings. Last week, I stopped giving a fuck and I couldn't have felt better.

Once we made it to the big ass church, he parked and we made it right on time. The family was getting ready to walk in, it seemed like they were waiting on me. "You sure you straight?" Demon asked as we got out the truck.

"Yeah, I'm good." I responded, and for some reason one of the first faces I saw was Adonis's. Demon noticed, and immediately grabbed my hand.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I spoke as we walked towards the crowd of family. "Y'all was waiting on me?" I asked Karter.

"Yeah, you the youngest so you gotta be in front wit' pops." He told me and I nodded before walked up there and standing beside him.

"Please tell me you killed the cause."

He sent a disappointing look. "They couldn't police is all over it, he was badly injured but they keeping him locked up."

"My god, how's everything else?"

"Later, Kai." Demon intervened. "I don't want that heavy on your mind right now." He Issued, and I nodded before walking over to pops who leaned on his walker.