18. Welcome Home

weeks later

                                                                 Ma'Kai Blood

"Forty-five, Fifty." I counted and plopped down on the floor after doing my final squat. "Fuck i'm tired." I guzzled some water, and soon Demon entered the front room.

"Hey baby." He leaned down to give me a kiss, but I tilted my head so it made contact with the side of my face. "What I do?"

"Who is 'Ja'?" I questioned waiting on him to respond, and he sucked his teeth before running his hand down his face. "Hello?"

"It's a gay boy, I met at a club."

"Damn, so you're gay gay? I thought I was the only boy you liked, look at me being naïve." I spoke looking down at my fingers. "So what, you got his number? You must don't want me anymore."

"That was when we were mad, and off of each othe—"

"We were off of each other for a day and you do that?" I questioned and he scoffed as if I've done worse. "When have I done worse?"

"Kai really? Don't act dumb, but I will never in my life on my kids." He held his hands up while swearing. "On our kids, I'd never step out on you I did that out of spite and I'll block him right now."

"Do it." I spoke sternly, and he turned his phone and made sure that I saw he deleted the contact and blocked the number. "I can't believe."

"Here you go, you know Mia's in labour?" He questioned referring to our surrogate and I nodded, we were supposed to go this morning since they weren't accepting any visitors at night. "You excited?"

"I'm scared." I admitted. "Of being parent, but knowing it's with you makes me comfortable." I expressed while stretching. "You don't think the way we are will affect the way—"

"Kai no!" He spoke clearly annoyed with that topic, his mom had brought it up a couple of times and it made me wonder. "We're both niggas, we not going around wearing nails, wigs and carrying on."

"Ight." I spoke before standing up and going into the kitchen to fix Dj his favorite, he was odd like his dad. They weirdly liked grits and toast.

The weirdest breakfast ever.

"You happy you got yo boa' huh? Hope you know we going for our girl next."

"Next?!" I scrunched up my face: "Un un' I gotta see how this goes first my niggi'." They say the first couple of weeks as parents is hell.

He sent a stern look, and I instantly knew that topic was probably going to be one of our conflicts.

"Baby boy, I'm having Mexico over later." Demon spoke, and I stopped in my tracks. "Grits and toast?" He tried changing the subject.

I knew it had to be something, his ass called me baby boy tryna sweet talk and shit.

"No you're not, that nigga literally put me in danger are you retarded?" I questioned with my faced scrunched. "And wasn't he homophobic?"