Chapter 10. Hectic

Micah Blood

"Yall will be fine, you're all family." Mei sat at the island across from me as we ate our breakfast. "I noticed you're not moving the same, and when you're stressed it's hard for you to nut cause your mind's elsewhere."

I looked up shooting her a sly smirk, this is exactly why I was marrying her. She knew me, she knew who Micah Jervonta Blood was down to the vibes,  aggressive moods, etc. "We'll be Ight, but at the rate it's going I just feel like we'll be seeing Kartier and Kasaun soon."

"It's the fact that y'all really let them put fear in y'all." She took a sip of her orange juice beverage. "I mean I get why you're afraid of Kartier, but Kasaun? He's so understanding."

"You think that, when they get upset they're unstoppable—"

"So basically a remake of you and Dee?" She questioned with a raised brow. "I feel like Ma'Kai would go toe to toe with them."

"He would, but they wouldn't do anything to him at all." I shook my head at the thought. "He looks just like ma with a hint of pops, Kai was born at a time where our lives were just horrible and he was the light." I explained, hopefully she got what I was saying.

"Makes sense." She licked over her lips. "Let me get this straight, when he was born that made y'all strive?"

"Yes I swear to god Amei, before Kai was born we didn't have anything." I responded. "He was our motive, and now look at us."

"Rich."

"I wouldn't say we rich, but we got a couple dollars." I remained humble. "They sweating me bout talking to Demon, whatchu' think ma?" I allowed her to have my gaze.

"I can't really speak for you baby." She shrugged not knowing what to say. "It's healthy for your relationship with Kai, you could go in and never speak to Demon again but thing is— I hate to say it, but I think Kai's in love again."

"Yeah?" I chuckled to myself finishing my plate, the first plate that I'd actually finished in a couple days. I loved my brothers all of them, but they had me stressed the fuck out. "How so?"

"He was just like this in the beginning with Adonis, until Adonis got on them pills, and let opinions damage his hard ego." She shook his head. "I don't see that happening with Demon, Demon's demeanor is 'I don't give a fuck' and I don't know how but he gives a fuck about Kai." She shook her head finishing her drink.

"Exactly we saw this with Adonis and look what happened."

"Like I said, this seems different because of what Demon has shown." She looked off into space gathering her words. "If he agrees to sit with you, that nigga loves Kai man and you're gonna do it."

"What?"

"You heard me, or no pussy." She threatened and I gave her a harsh sigh. I wasn't having that, I already was on punishment weeks before for spazzing on Kai. "Do it, you won't regret it though man you only live once."

"If I do this, it would go against everything I know—"

"Like you said, y'all did any and everything for Kai so he wouldn't have what y'all had growing up." She sighed standing up and throwing the plastic plates into the trash. "Look at you, in a happy relationship, Darion in a happy relationship, Kam happily single, Syx a happy bachelor— everyone's happy but him and he wants it."