Chapter 8. Breaking The Ice

Ma'Kai Blood

I stood in the rain, debating whether or not I should knock on Darien's door. With having all of this going on, it made me realize how much family meant.

I went to knock, but before I could he pulled his door open and just stared at me. "Come in." He demanded and I did as told, following him into his living room. "Talk."

"I'm sorry, I was wrong and you were right." I clenched my jaw putting my pride aside. "I shouldn't have said I hated you, that's not true I said it out of anger."

"Thing is, Ma'Kai you gotta grow up." He expressed. "Pops not here to baby you anymore, Micah not babying you no more either." I sat taking in what he was saying. "I get you're young and make bad decisions, but grow the hell up."

"I made a bad decision." I stated and he grabbed the bridge of his nose. "I didn't mean to." I admitted. "Pleasure got the best of me."

"What is it Kai?"

"Please swear you not gon' tell Micah or Kam." I pleaded and he held his fist out for me to bump, and I did. "So remember when I started escorting?"

"Mmmhm."

"So, the first client I had turned out to be a regular and I kind of—"

"Don't tell me you got a std, I'll beat yo ass." He mugged and I held my finger up signaling for him to wait. "Hurry yo ass up."

"I kind of fell into lust with him."

"Aw shit, and? You got a new dude? He probably not gon' last long." He responded in a smart tone and I sighed looking away. "Who is it?"

"Demon." I looked at him and he sat in shock, his mouth was agape as if he couldn't believe what I was saying. "Please don't be mad."

"Ion' believe it, you gon' have to show me." He shook his head, rubbing his eyes as if it were a dream. "Do you know how big this guy is? he's highly feared, not by me of course."

"I wouldn't lie to you."

"I gotta see it for myself." He seemed angered, but tried to keep himself cool. "You're so reckless, I should beat your fucking ass!"

I sighed pulling out my phone and going to a picture I took of us about a week ago. "You believe me now?" I questioned showing him a picture and he leaned back on his couch.

"Micah's gon' have a stroke."

"Tell me about it." I muttered resting my head on my fist "I wanted to go ahead and tell him today but I don't have the courage."

"What?! Nigga tell him for what? Let him find out." He tried to reason, though he was still bamboozled. "God Ma'Kai, you had one job and that was school."

"I know, I know."

"We ruined your life, you were better off going with Kartier or Kasaun." He responded and I gave him a look. "I'm serious, the only reason they let you stay was because Micah was practically your dad he took care of you when mama didn't."